Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Hmmm Thinkin About Buying This

Old 11-16-2008 | 02:40 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

so i went and checked it out. it was nice but i think i would rather save some money and get a s2000 if i was going to get into a newer car. so at the moment i'm just gonna stick with the tib and figure out a better plan.
Old 11-16-2008 | 02:42 PM

Vehicle: 2000

I think you just made a very good decision.. Congrats to being able to save money!!
Old 11-16-2008 | 02:42 PM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (i8acobra @ Nov 16 2008, 01:00 AM)
The only Z's that really have problems are the '03's (tire feathering and grinding tranny) and the '06 stick shift (oil burner).

As for the Tib being more "rare" than a Z roadster... are you kidding me? Do I need to go find production numbers for you?

Today, my Z dynoed 248rwhp, 236tq with just a CAI, full exhaust, crank pulley and a light flywheel.

Personally, I'm not a roadster fan, but if you like it, go for it. Check out 350z-tech.com and my350z.com.

Just by looking around, I see more Zs then RDs on the road. The RDs have always been a rare car. Zs aren't exactally as popular as mustangs, but you can find one around if you look in a few parking lots.
Old 11-16-2008 | 06:42 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^agree. the reason i didn't turbo or supercharge my car is because i drive it everyday. see 350z's and occasionally roadsters multiple times a day. not to mention the washington post, and auto trader. in florida there are so many. it looks goofy. my sister's ex had a 300zx, he bought a 350z. apart from it being a good car (which most nissans are), the tiburon is built with a driver in mind.

if you're gonna spend that much on a used car, why not go with the genesis coupe? i know you don't want hear that bullsh*t but at least you'll be the "little engine that could". hell, if i had 10k lying around (i wouldn't spend it on a car) i'd turbo the beeejezuz out of my car.

stick with the tib for now. wait until you get a good job where you can take a percentage of your earnings and buy something rare and nice and be happy in the end while still having saved up money.
Old 11-16-2008 | 11:28 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

well it the best thing is going to be just wait and save because i do want a gensis coupe but i would have to have 10k down to get it in my price range so thats just not something i can afford. really best thing might be to just keep the tib going and updated and just look in 6-12 months if i still really want a roadster.