Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Hmmm Thinkin About Buying This

Old 11-15-2008, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^ When I do I just mod the tib some more. It's cheaper!
Old 11-15-2008, 06:35 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

with the way the economy is and you only having 3.5 left to pay off, i would just keep the tib...regardless a lot of people make the mistake in rolling negative equity into a newer but still a used car...

just becaue tibs go for 7-8 g's in your area does not mean the dealership is going to give you 5.5k for it...i was the same way couple of hours ago, but i finally got money and just put it in the tib, yeah its a rare car to see w/mods to other people, but there is nothing like not have a car note, and actually owning the car...

i say just wait, espeically until this economy thing get resolved
Old 11-15-2008, 07:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Keep the tib, save up, and buy a genesis coupe! tongue.gif
Old 11-15-2008, 08:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

not trying to start a fight with you bud but from what i know of you and the area you live in think about these three factors:

1.you like ALOT of bass. with a convertible you are going to lose alot of space for stereo work.

2. your car was broken into and your sound system was stolen. how many times do you think a 350z convertible will be broken into?

3. you carry a gun with you. how much do you think you will want to use it if someone like factor #2 will want to steal, vandalize, or break into a 350z convertible?

(one more factor, yeah i know i said 3)
4. Insurance is gonna skyrocket. its even more for a convertible due to safety reasons.

sorry to sound like a father,lol, but i am with a 13 year old that is looking at every damn sports car right now in gods creation instead of looking for something he could afford in the end.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:36 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

hmm well perhaps just waiting till a good deal comes along on one would be best. i do have about another $1000 in mods sitting around for the tib already......

i just dont feel like i'm getting anywhere else with the tib. seems like its just more of the same thing sometimes. i just wonder if i did do more performance on the tib would it even be able to put it down usably? if i turbo'd i dont think it would be worth it to me unless i was doing 300bhp and then if i had that much i wonder if it would even be able to put it down to the ground with out crazy wheel spin.

oh and my car hasnt been broken into thankfully and i allready pay 200 a month for insurance so its not like its gonna go up much more.

but the other factors are things to definatly keep in mind. and yes was thinking about the bass deal that would be something i would have to work with.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:44 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

don't see why if you can't pay up 2k for the tib in one year, how you could pay up 17k for an already old 350z at all, plus the ecomony has gone to ----. they're all common. you will be just another guy hopping on that bandwagon.

if you want to go for it, go for it. but it doesn't sound like the sensible thing to do. sure you only live once, but save some cash under that pillow. i did that next to my tiburon fund. i can't say i'm disappointed at all i invested half my earnings next to the people who spent theirs on rent and girlfriends.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:53 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

I really wish you would be able to ride in Tibbytib's car. he hasnt dyno'ed his car but is guessing he is pushing around 225-250 whp which truthfully i was very impressed with his car. now true, when i got to ride in it, it was rainy and he couldn't get any traction whatsoever, but i could feel that it was there and he has a little turbo setup comapred to others on this site. not to mention the fact on the way back form ABQ to Denver, he got 35mpg at high altititude!
Old 11-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

The only Z's that really have problems are the '03's (tire feathering and grinding tranny) and the '06 stick shift (oil burner).

As for the Tib being more "rare" than a Z roadster... are you kidding me? Do I need to go find production numbers for you?

Today, my Z dynoed 248rwhp, 236tq with just a CAI, full exhaust, crank pulley and a light flywheel.

Personally, I'm not a roadster fan, but if you like it, go for it. Check out 350z-tech.com and my350z.com.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:10 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

well today is the day, well see how it goes. if it keeps raining im not even going to drive it. but really iwant them to let me take out the s2k becausei feel like that would be a better car then the z.

i hatehow its allwasy rains on the days u need it to be dry
Old 11-16-2008, 01:37 PM

Z's are fun... i like the 300 ZX betta tho.

Id get it.