Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Hip-hop Music Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 07:34 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I came to drop bombs, callin' every man to arms..... smart bomb.

I love how crystal method even does one and redzman calls it "boots in a dryer" I want to hear about that one REDZ. I mean, Crystal Method is one of my top 2 bands. It's your top 1. How can they produce boots in a dryer music?
Old 02-19-2007, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

boots in a dryer and other pseduo-bigoted statements such as

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Feb 16 2007, 11:47 AM)
are Nappy Haired Fool Featuring Another Ghetto Creep Featuring Mrs Huge Ass Featuring Nelly.

(and by bigoted i mean narrow-minded people who are intolerant of other peoples creeds, opinions, and cultures.)

have no place in this thread. lets just keep it to sharing music and let that be the extend of the topics discussed.
DTN i'm will u 110% but we cant do the same thing other people are doing on here.

lets just keep it to sharing whats in our decks and players.

and with that here is something i just found this morning

Defari feat. Evidence - 'Make My Own'

Madvillain (Madlib + M.F. DOOM) - All Caps this one is some video flavor for your peepers
Old 02-19-2007, 10:14 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

^^^
Sorry man, just what we always called that crappy music in the army, cause through the barracks walls, it sounds like a pair of boots in a dryer. As for your other comments, you really are a moron, as you have NO idea of my tolerance for other races, religions, and beliefs. There's no reason to even bring that up in here, as it has nothing to do with crappy TALENTLESS music. No one does a "Solo" album in that genre anymore, at all, it's all "Featuring Timberland", or "Featuring Nelly", or whatever, I'm sorry if I couldn't remember any more names of the shitty artists that have to band together to get an album sold, instead of singing on their own merits.

QUOTE (DrivingTibNaked @ Feb 19 2007, 07:34 AM)
I came to drop bombs, callin' every man to arms..... smart bomb.

I love how crystal method even does one and redzman calls it "boots in a dryer" I want to hear about that one REDZ. I mean, Crystal Method is one of my top 2 bands. It's your top 1. How can they produce boots in a dryer music?

^^^
My least favorite song by them ever. How can they produce it? Probably by getting a check, paying some bum in Detroit to get behind a mic, and hitting record.

LOL

THey have another song similar to that on their last CD, and it's also considered one of their least popular. You'll also notice that I've been to 4 of their concerts, and what do you know, they've never played either of those songs at ANY of them. Hmm...

Sorry if my opinion hurts your feelings kids, but it's not just MY opinion. A HUGE amount of folks are tired of you guys SHARING your crappy music with us on the streets when we are driving around. A HUGE amount of people are sick of hearing about how "I'm flossin wit my homies and drinkin a 40 to member my fallen bros", being blared out of some shitty stereo with a pimple faced 17 year old WHITE kid sitting in there thinking "Yeah, I went through that shit too biatch, WESTSIDE!".

Stereotypical or not, it's what's going on.

On the other side, I'm getting sick of the Mexican Polka music I catch here in NM. Damnit, sit up in your seat, turn down the treble, and realize that the "oompa oompa" music makes your attempts to look HARD silly.

Lastly, people still buy CD's? LOL

XM - Channel 82 - The System
XM - Channel 83 - BPM
XM - Channel 150 - XL Comedy

There you go.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:41 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

thanxs for sharing the channels

but the rest of your post isnt actually relevant to sharing what your listening. seeing as how u dont listen to or like the music i'm not going to sit here and try to say anything further to influence your though process. you are still just talking about mainstream rap music that comes on the radio or the mainstream xm channels because thats all that is on any mainstream media outlet. you clearly have an opinon and its just diffrent from mine.

having a diffrent opinion does not make anyone a moron.

"Sorry if my opinion hurts your feelings kids, but it's not just MY opinion. A HUGE amount of folks are tired of you guys SHARING your crappy music with us on the streets when we are driving around. A HUGE amount of people are sick of hearing about how "I'm flossin wit my homies and drinkin a 40 to member my fallen bros", being blared out of some shitty stereo with a pimple faced 17 year old WHITE kid sitting in there thinking "Yeah, I went through that shit too biatch, WESTSIDE!".

if its such a problem then dont imitate the " nappy haird fools" as u like to say.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:50 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

^^^
You are right, your opinion doesn't make you a moron. What I said makes you a moron is the comments you made about me being a bigot, and that I have no tolerance for people of other creeds, flavors, and nut content. It shows you really don't know me at all, and others that have met me here can attest to that.

And no, you are wrong again, I'm not talking about any mainstream anything. I don't think I said mainstream in there anywhere. I also never said I've ever listened to ANY hip hop or cRAP stations on XM, I would never waste my time doing that. I said I was talking about the stuff that I hear everyone playing, everywhere. I'm a college student *GASP!*, and I'm referring to the stuff they listen to. I'm referring to the stuff the kid that works at the McDonalds in the drivethru is listening to while thinking he knows what is being sung about. Mainstream or non mainstream, it's the same music, same styling, same everything, just usually lower quality, lower production values, and they just haven't "Sold out" yet.

Whatever though. I'll ignore this thread unless I get a report now, just wanted to make sure you knew that yup, there's still plenty of folks out there that hate this tallentless SHITTY music.

Oh, and I don't imitate, I originate, I'm the OG foo.

Peace out BIATCH!
Old 02-19-2007, 11:40 AM

Redz, you say your aren't talking about mainstream rap when you give your opinion. However later on in your post you say that the only rap you ever listen to is the rap that you hear other college kids playin in there cars, dorms, wherever it maybe they play it.

So I have a question for ya. What do you think that 95% of those kids are listening to?

....MAINSTREAM rap.

Somebody like Nelly or Lil Wayne, is in no way the same as The Roots, Common, Jurassic 5, etc. You talk about rappers using old songs and just adding a crap load of unneeded bass, but last time I checked, the Roots were a band. You know, guys that play instruments, creating original, live music.

I understand that everyone is entitled to an opinion, but if your gonna base your opinion on real hip hop, off of what you hear your typical college "bumping in his system", then you my friend are a very prejudice person.

Thats like me saying I hate the country music, because I heard this hillbilly playin some Dixie Chicks.

The Dixie Chicks are not a true country sound. They are Nashville country that sold out even further. So fro me to make a judgment on country music from what i hear the Dixie Chicks play, would be very irresponsible of me.

As for my taste in Hip Hop/Rap. I can listen to it all. Sometimes I like listening to somebody like lil Jon, but in general, Im not a huge fan of your typical mainstream stuff.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:43 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

^^^ werd.

I'm gonna download some Roots and see what you're talking about.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:46 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ I'd have to agree with the fact that it dosn't take much tallent to make music. If i sat around i could come up with a hit and everyone would be saying that DTN is the shizzle fo' rizzle just like 1/2 of the artist playing today. Here's what I'm talking about, on my SD card currently I have

"maybe i'm crazy",

Rakim - I know you got soul

Beyonce- irreplacable

brooklyn bounce- this is how we ride

Akon- smack that

Lady soverign - love me or hate me

Nelly furtado - promiscuous girl.

None of these songs take much tallent to make aside from maybe i'm crazy, but they've all got pretty much just 1 song that's good.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:30 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

The Roots was in my orignal post before I deleted it. They do a free concert of U of M. yearly. FEAR THE TURTLE. Music is everywhere so it's timing image and hype to get big, but getting big isn't being good. Same thing in sports and atheletes.

Anybody know the Peas BEFORE Fergie. They were good then. Pharcyde?. SAH WEET. Anyway, this was my point on how a thread for some people is ok then for rap os something for catering to the other people gets JACKED.

Sampling before certain artists exploited it for millions of dollars and damage "rap" labaling is a tribute and pulls from some of the greatest songs in Motown and Music in U.S. History of the past half century. It can be done well. And if it's not commercial it's probably not featuring someone. There is tons not featuring someone, features or commercial rappers trying to sell to like stated before white kids who really don't fit in or understand the history and other aspects of Hip Hop. Timbalands kinda not a true artist there in the lyric column, but great that's advertising for them to be mainstream. (Big up to Timbaland, VA Homie) When Timbaland does a cd with Magoo, he's way underated in style and overshadowed, but way better than Timbaland.

I like Crystal Method but. . if we had to pick over obscure to too easy to name to be good. So far anybody can say C.M. is good and those people never heard of the artist Optimo's is mentioning so you can't relate. Besides if you have to mention the best CD "Vegas" they did and it's so old they havn't been able to recapture what they once were, they aren't putting out alot of good stuff. And it's true they aren't.

It's rare in "techno" (not to break them all down in style) to have solid good CD's. Everyone has a hot song then has to experiment with a new sound to incorporate into every song on the next cd and that CD ends up being whack. If they were rated like mainstream as well (and let me say I love my electronic/trance etc) then this catagory would have more one hit wonders THAN ANYONE and all radio of popular songs FEATURE a female vocalist and they HAVE GONE CRAZY WITH SAMPLING. But because you love the style you like stuff other than radioplay or "pop" tunes they produce. Go YOU! Same for us Hip Hop fans, so don't be haters and let those different than you have a thread too.

It's not that your going to DL some group and say AHH I like Hip Hop now. If you don't like it, fine you just won't like it. If you don't like Rock but never listen to Metallica and then you do and buy the black album, your not going to get into Iron Maiden, Megadeath, Pantera, Anthrax or even other Metallica cd's.

D*mn a long post.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:07 AM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon

my favorite is three 6 mafia. they been around for a long time and there music is really good.