Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Hip-hop Music Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 01:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Oh, I'm always defending my choice in music. I'm an electro head. Anything by The Crystal Method. Go pick up or download "Vegas" their first CD.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:53 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

i like the crystal method a lil. but u really came in and took the thread way OT just to say that u enjoy electronic music??

wow..... sad.gif offtopic.gif

for the record my homies little sister love the cyrstal method too, i dont know if that says much though because she is only 14.

anyways i'm here with a morning dose of music for that ass

Skyzoo & 9th Wonder - 'Way To Go/ I'm On It'

Jon Doe feat. J. Sands - 'Strong Black Rebel Rap'

Cali Agents (Planet Asia + Rasco) - 'Good Life'

hope you enjoy
Old 02-16-2007, 09:47 AM

QUOTE (optimoprime @ Feb 16 2007, 07:53 AM)
i like the crystal method a lil. but u really came in and took the thread way OT just to say that u enjoy electronic music??
wow..... sad.gif offtopic.gif

Uhm, are you crazy or just have no short term memory?

QUOTE (optimoprime @ Feb 15 2007, 11:49 PM)
redz why dont u share something u enjoy with me. im allways open to something new. and im pretty wasted from dollar jagerbomb/3 dollar pitcher night. so tommarow i'm gonna be just chillin with time to check things out.

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Feb 16 2007, 01:18 AM)
Oh, I'm always defending my choice in music. I'm an electro head. Anything by The Crystal Method. Go pick up or download "Vegas" their first CD.

Most every member here knows I'm huge into Eelectronic music and Alternative Rock on the side. Oh, and Comedy Albums. We've had huge discussions about it before. My post about TCM was in reply to yours above.

If you mean the other stuff, it's not off topic, you started a thread about Hip Hop, I stated that it sucks and I hate it as much as rap. I stated that 90% of the songs are ripoffs or are Nappy Haired Fool Featuring Another Ghetto Creep Featuring Mrs Huge Ass Featuring Nelly. Sorry, but not every song needs to be a duet. The only reason they do it is because the songs suck, so putting someone else famous in it will double the sales.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:52 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

I had a giant write up of all kindsa stuff. Even broken up for easy reading but I know people hate my long posts and I do to and after I posted I just had a funny feeling it was too long or someone would pick something out to fight with so simply. I agree with Redz on Commercial cRap and since he doesn't like that type of music we can't fault him for not liking stuff he doesn't go find or hear since he stated he doesn't like enough to look for it. But Commercial rap isn't where it's at or what is being talked about here. I love the culture, I respect it, it is the most diverse and I prefer the old school stuff Optimo. I'm diverse and I feel you on your picks I just don't think I have much to input into this thread with out it being a "your music sucks" post. I don't buy commercial rap. We won't touch sampling but it goes both ways and DJ mixes can be amazing hours of tunes. But good HIP HOP influence culture makes great music.

Much Love.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:34 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

Here's my picks:

Brooks and Dunn - Can't Take the Honky Tonk Outta the Girl
Brad Paisley - Alcohol
Chris Cagle - Chicks Dig It
Faith Hill - Hey Baby Lets Go to Vegas
John Michael Montgomery - Check Yes or No
Taylor Swift - Tim McGraw
Trace Adkins - Chrome
Tim McGraw - When the Stars Go Blue

....best hip-hop songs ever.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:38 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ dude, wrong thread... i think you need to start the hill-billy honkey thread.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:41 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

But but but.. that's what we listen to with a cap on sideways, blasting out through 5 15inch Rockfords with the trunk open, parked in the Walmart parking lot, while skateboarding illegally on the stairwells and catcalling at hoes walkin by. Then sometimes we break break dance to a little Garth Brooks in front of 7-Eleven.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:40 PM

Jeebus...

rap ≠hip hop, rather, in some cases, rap ≈ hip hop.

I do not like gangsta, or hard knock life ish.
I do like lyrical artists, freestylers & turntablists.

I have Jurassic 5, Blackalicious, Pigeon John, some MF Doom/Danger Doom, NERD, & Handsome Boy Modeling School on MP3 discs in the car.

Now RedZ, there is a definite crossover between Hip Hop and Electronica... Take RJD2 with Blueprint (as Soul Position), DJ Shadow and the Quannum Projects or Danger Mouse and whoever he's working with at this exact moment in time.

Just my $0.02.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:09 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

^^+1

but i do like alot of gangsta shit too, just depends on my mood. glad some other people have opinions too.

any chance on some links or something for people to listen too or download?
Old 02-19-2007, 12:39 AM

Oh trust me, I'm a huge fan of the crossover stuff. Faithless, Afrikka Bambatta, there's a LOT of good stuff that crosses over those lines. Hell, there IS some good stuff out there in this field too, but in general, it's all sold out , played out, and that's it. Same beats, same rhymes, and the same wanna be white kids listening to it thinking "I can feel ya dawg".