Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Hillary: Insight On Military Morale?

Old 01-26-2007 | 08:00 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

McCain was a POW for years. I think he'd be the best candidate for protecting our country, enforcing military, and providing more incentive for the military (pay, benefits, increased budget, etc.)

I heard about the attacks in Somalia, there were a few in the last few weeks.

Clinton bombed the crap out of Kosovo (I don't even know where the hell that's located, never heard about it until Monica Lewinsky was on the front page of the paper). There were U.S. Embassy bombings during Clinton's administration, attacks on the U.S.S. Cole.... we weren't in any "wars" but we were definitely being attacked and just didn't fight back. Poor 'ol Kosovo was to get the media focused on things other than Monica.

We are a super power. We can help or destroy almost anyone in the world necessary. We have a responsibility to do so. IMO, we need to go to Uganda and Sudan and fight with the LRA who are kidnapping and brainwashing children and sending them back into their villages to kill their own friends and family.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord%27s_Resistance_Army
Old 01-26-2007 | 08:25 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Dont forget the FIRST attacks on the World Trade center, during Klinton's era.

It's his damned fault we are in the mess we are in. Underfunding of the military for 8 years, huge cuts to where you can't even order parts, then we have to go defend ourselves with shitty broken equipment.

McCain, Richardson, I'd love to see either of them make it.
Old 01-26-2007 | 08:44 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

while i do think clinton was by no means a good president, i agree with what he did in kosovo.

albanians were being expelled from the country with no chance of surviving the winter. if they didnt leave they were killed. thousands died. milosevic was responsible for ethnic cleansing in serbia and many believe that the albanians found in graves were executed prisoners from kosovo. whether or not thats true milosevic still had the capacity to do the same in kosovo when became president.
Old 01-26-2007 | 09:06 AM

Correct, I too agree with what went on there. We needed to go in, and help those folks out (SOME OF YOU DON'T KNOW THIS, BUT WE ARE STILL IN KOSOVO), they were being slaughtered.
Old 01-26-2007 | 09:12 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

FWiW... I'm clueless on Kosovo... I was a young teen back then and not very informed with what was going on. I wasn't saying we shouldn't have been there, I'm just ignorant to any and all information related to it.

and yeah Jeremy... I kept thinking there was a WTC attack at the beginning of Clinton's reign.
(Feb. 1993 http://www.adl.org/learn/jttf/wtcb_jttf.asp)
Old 01-26-2007 | 04:45 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Alright i just got home from a really long day and im real tired so i wont put the full post i wanted to, but...

you guys are crazy if you stuck around for all 8 years of bush's dumb ass reign, and the mess he's put us in, and then run when somebody else comes into office. Seriously, youve got to be kidding. ABB, and any body thats not a right wing wack-job

And for all you bush fan boys/clinton haters, ill let this guy do my talking since im feeling really lazy right now

Clinton Vs Bush

Bush = owned.gif
Old 01-26-2007 | 05:26 PM

We are crazy if we stuck around for all 8 years of his reign.

Huh?

If you look at facts, the "Mess" we are in was caused by faulty intelligence, dilligently acted upon by BOTH major parties. The intelligence was directly related to drawdowns and cutbacks of your favorite yellow president, Clinton.

You name one president that has had to put up with the disasters that Bush has had to put up with.

That's what I thought.

Reagan and the first Bush pissed off the middle east, they tried on the Twin Towers one other time, bombed a ton of our embassies, and more, and Clinton sat back in the white house getting blown by a ugly b****.

Hmm...
Old 01-26-2007 | 09:28 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^oh man, that last part is quite funny redz...

nothing between any of us here we're all great people. I don't remember a time when a presidents face grew 15 years older than it should have. that guy clearly manages to pull off some humor and laughter despite the crazy amounts of decisions he has to make on a daily basis. if you've ever watched any of his interviews on television, the media (NY times, post, msnbc, cnn) does nothing but insult him and ridicule him. anything you hear is what you hear from that biast obnoxious media who all hate the president and look for ways to ridicule him.

what you hear as it actually happened is from the military itself, and from the government itself. books are out of the question because what authors do is pick out right and wrong things, leave things out, and compile them into a book.

i'll have to see what turns of this election. they sure are starting out early if elections are in november 2008 right?
Old 01-26-2007 | 11:25 PM

I want to see Lieberman in office ;( It looks like he's taking the best of both sides. He also looks like Senator Palpatine smile.gif .

Old 01-27-2007 | 12:18 AM

The thing that keeps getting me is that the President has asked, outright, on the news, confrences, everything, what the Democrats would do in his place.

They are all silent.

No one has given him any other ideas. So f*** em.