Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Here fishy fishy

Old 11-04-2010 | 11:42 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Here fishy fishy

Went and bought myself a 55 gallon fish tank yesterday. Being delivered this weekend! Plan on getting all the fish from Finding Nemo, plus maybe a couple of small sharks.

Anyone else have a large fish tank?
Old 11-04-2010 | 11:53 AM

Vehicle: 03 Hyundai Accent

Vamp from HP has one. Salt water, big, other than that, I know nothing haha.
Old 11-04-2010 | 01:14 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I used to have a 30 gallon, my uncle had a 55 gallon. Those are huge.

Do it right - make it salt water!!! PITA for upkeep from what I heard, but I'm sure it'll be fine once you understand it
Old 11-04-2010 | 01:30 PM
Administrator

Yeah....definitely going with saltwater. I know maintenance can be a pain, but its worth it from what everyone has told me. It'll take some time to get it set up and ready for fish, but I dont mind waiting as long as its set up properly and maintains healthy living conditions for them.
Old 11-04-2010 | 01:53 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Are "they" delivering it and setting it up for you?

I'm interested in having a salt water tank, but I want it operating perfectly when I start. I read you should swap out 20% of the water monthly. Siphoning crap from the bottom will get some out, but mixing and preparing the salt water to be added seems like a lot of extra work. I'm not sure I want to be that invested in it. Maybe I'll start out with freshwater and go from there.

I'm curious to hear how well this works out for you. Keep us updated on the difficulty
Old 11-04-2010 | 02:43 PM
Administrator

Will do! And spending a couple of hours a month to keep it maintained is nothing to me. Well worth putting in that small amount of time to have such an awesome thing in the house.
Old 11-04-2010 | 05:19 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon

we have a 60 gallon that looks very similar to that. We went with fresh water, because saltwater is much harder to maintain. fresh water can also be a pain so. yea have fun. You learn so much the first couple months.
Old 11-04-2010 | 05:24 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

I wouldn't go salt water right off the bat with only a 55 gallon cause trust me in 6 months you will want bigger. I have had several friends that started with 55's and now they have a 75 gallon corner tank that is fresh water and a 150 gallon wall tank that they had installed in their house that seperates their master bath/bedroom, which is salt water.

there is not a day that goes by that he wishes he would've never spent the cash he did on the 55 gallon. he went salt water right off the bat not knowing a damn thing and spent hundreds on new fish while trying to figure out his PH levels and water temps. many tropical fish cannot live together basically because of water temps. do tons of research before you invest in salt water fish.

oh yeah, just in case you think you need a blue macau also, think twice. he has one of those also and the damn bird pissed in the tank which made him lose like 600 bux in fish.