Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

help me fix the computer.

Old 10-26-2004, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: EBAY ALERT= Turboed RD2

Ok guys, I completely unhooked (Power, USB, and the flopppy cable) the floppy drive including removing the cable from the MB AND the back of the drive, hooked it back up, and still nothing, no indicator light on boot up. BTW, both the drive and the MB connector for the floppy cable are keyed.....So I HIGHLY doubt the cable is installed wrong.

As for the HDD's, yes I still want to run XP home, I'd like to have one OS installed on each drive, the WD HDD will be partitioned for both XP PRO for work files and some storage.

Now, once I can get the new HDD working, I can move all the files from my OEM to the new WD, wipe the OEM and partition it, move the files back, then install PRO on the WD. WD includes software to do this. All i need to do is make the new WD HDD the MBR temporarily.

I was going to tear the whole thing apart last night, but the supplies I was waiting on didn't come in until after I left work. So I will be working on it this afternoon/evening.

I really don't know what to do about the floppy, The Memory card readers are being recognized as drives, but not the actual floppy drive....Could this be b/c the USB portions are pulling power off the USB cable??? I have a PDF for the specs on my MB, I'll have to check and see if there is a jumper setting that might be messing w/ the floppy, but i doubt it.

I got tired of thinking about it last night, so I just turned it off and watched a movie and went to sleep.

Supercow : tib = obvious....... wrc = kinda obvious, check my sig..... and yes, the sbj are my initials, backwards. After all this time, you are the only one who was curious enough to ask about it. wink.gif

There were a couple ppl who knew, mainly from me buying stuff from them, like blacktibs, REDZ, and tibby01.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: FS: Korean spec license plate from decalgirl.com

Check in your bios to make sure it is expecting the floppy (did you have a floppy installed before this one?) If you did not, you NEED to set this.

For the hard drives... I beleive that the OEM one is set for cable select... which would be why setting the WD to slave wouldnt work. Make sure the OEM jumper is set to master and the WD jumper is set for slave.

I would personally just upgrade the xp home version to xp pro imho. There is no benifit that I see to dual booting both versions. The only difference is XP pro has more advanced networking capibilities.
Old 10-27-2004, 07:13 AM

Default 97 Tiburon vs. 03 Acura RSX type S PART 2 !!!!!!!

No my system didnt coem w/ a floppy installed, I'll check the bios.

For the HDDs when I installed the new one, I set them for a master - slave configuration.

Still no luck w/ either issue. Thanks for the help though guys. I'll let you know if there is any progress tonight.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:04 PM

Default Re: voter incompetence in Ohio

Note to everyone : DO NOT INSTALL SP2. IT IS CRAP

to get your updates.. go manually to the windows update page..via the link under tools in your browser. just go under advanced user when it does a scan it is going to tell you there is an update.. sp2. but you can click the link for other updates... and install the individual fixes.

also.. everyone i would try using spysweeper. there is a free trial at
www.spysweeper.com

when you download it, if you save it to your disk, you can reinstall it every once in a while to update the spyware definitions again, since the free trial only lets you update once. also go to options in it and take it off of starting when windows does, because a lot of you will not know how to use all the shields and features.

and whoever had the connect to problem... what kind of connection do you have?
Old 11-03-2004, 03:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: FS-JVC KD-G700 and 1frd RF capacitor

I got SP2 and have no issues with it at all.

On 2 completely different PC's.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: help me fix the computer.

First off, lude, there is no possible reason to avoid installing sp2 now. It's perfectly stable, I've been using it since the day it came out, and if you don't install it eventually your going to get a virus due to exploits being found. just take a look at this site and tell me sp2 is a bad idea..

ok well anyways tibwrcsbj please give us a full run down on the current problems and when the pc is booted up exactly what happens? and btw just work on the biggest problem usually alot of small problems can be caused by a larger one.

oh and as far as your name I had no problem figuring out tib and wrc laugh.gif , just curious as to what sbj stood for 8)
Old 11-03-2004, 04:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default 1997-2001 Tiburon Gull Wing Doors

He's posted it before mang, it's his initials, backwards.