Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

help me fix the computer.

Old 10-21-2004, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: FS : lots of goodies UPDATED 10/10

QUOTE (tibby01)
already have reset the securities back to default. didnt work.

i uninstalled the service pack earlier today, and it got rid of that information bar, but didnt fix the logging in problem.

what is happening is there is some program that is set to not allow a page to auto forward, many spyware programs do this, I already knew that the xp built in one wouldn't effect it. but I know for a fact that there is an option in the pro adaware to do this, as well as about any other popup blocker. it's not really a popup blocking feature but more of a spyware preventer.

so
#1 what version of adaware is installed?
#2 ask bro what other programs he installed, there are about a million free popup blockers now so unless you wanna post every program you have installed so I can pick it out. getting some info from him would be the easiest laugh.gif
#3 trust microsoft a little more on the updates laugh.gif, personally I install all updates the day they come out. but at my computer shop we wait a month to make sure there aren't any problems. last week we started deploying sp2 too all machines we work on. laugh.gif
Old 10-21-2004, 08:59 PM

Default Re: raffles

i deleted adaware, and im deleting sp2 right now, becuase i really dont like that information bar.

but hold up, i clicked on mozilla b/c i thought it was some spyware protector thing, and little do i know, it has its own address bar. i can go to the webpages that were giving me trouble before with it. so i guess im good for now.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:05 PM

Default FS: stock Muffler and Tip

have you tried clicking on that info bar? should give you some options, like allow popups for this site.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:09 PM

Location: Lillington, NC & Maryville, TN when I can get there
Default Re: As promised... WORK WORNING, HIDE YOUR CHILDREN!

i downloaded XP SP2, and now my computer wont even start it just keeps rebooting, and that is why my comp is down. im going to have to take it somewhere, because when it comes to software problems, im at a total loss.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:36 PM

yeah the bar does, but it only keeps itself away while i have the page up. if i close out of IE and go back to the same page, it will pop up again.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Blue and Amber Haloz

QUOTE (blu_drgn)
i downloaded XP SP2, and now my computer wont even start it just keeps rebooting, and that is why my comp is down. im going to have to take it somewhere, because when it comes to software problems, im at a total loss.

got a copy of windows? do a repair install

tibby, did you turn on always allow?? go up to tools>popup>settings> add the site w/ the bar
Old 10-21-2004, 09:48 PM

Default Re: help me fix the computer.

if you try installing xp sp2 on a computer that has a downloaded version of windows (illegal key) its not gonna work, maybe it messed something up somehow?? if you can boot the computer try going to add/remove programs then remove windows xp service pack 2. otherwise try a repair install, if you cant even boot u might be stuck doing a reformat. (i take it ur not on the pc that is f*dd up)

goodluck pc probz sux!!
Old 10-21-2004, 10:02 PM

Default Re: FS : Green Neons (Int. and Underbody)

the XP i have came bundled with the pc but it did not come witn any OS disks and it will start and get to the loading screen with the litlle loading bar that goes left to right then it just reboots after that. i dont know what the deal is.

no, im not on the farked up pc, i'm at work.

QUOTE (tibby01)
yeah the bar does, but it only keeps itself away while i have the page up. if i close out of IE and go back to the same page, it will pop up again.

hey tibby01 found this on the XP site concerning the toolbar

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/w...p2_infobar.mspx
Old 10-21-2004, 10:52 PM

blu, while booting keep pressing F8, you'll get a menu, go into safe mode

sometime a single boot up in safe mode will fix the problem. if you can't get into safe mode... um, your screwed laugh.gif j/k
Old 10-21-2004, 10:58 PM

Default Re: help me fix the computer.

i did it in safe mode first, didnt fix it so i proceeded to do it with every mode and still nuthin' so... i'm screwed.