Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Help With Automotive Job Book

Old 11-22-2008 | 10:34 AM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I spend alot of time reading online and at the autocraft shop tearing down and rebuilding areas of my car in my spare time. Although, it's not my choice of career, the man who runs the autocraft shop told me that I should get a job book so he can sign off on jobs I've completed. Is there a definitive job book out there? Is this a common practice for mechanics?

Anyone who is familiar with job books, please chime in and let me know where I can get one or how they're made.
Old 11-22-2008 | 01:53 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Im in the industry and never heard of it. May just be a way for someone certified to say that you are capable I suppose. Not sure man.
Old 11-22-2008 | 02:12 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

notebook and a pen = jobbook. it doesnt need to look all professional as long as the documents are there plus pictures to add that it was actually done.

it is something though that requires a great amount of dedication to keep up to date and do the same time as you do all your mods/ rebuilds on your car.