Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Halloween 2005

Old 09-20-2005 | 05:05 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ Sep 20 2005, 02:50 PM)
One of the things I once did for a haunted house... was a compleatly blank room with a large red button... If you really want to get sadistic.. paint a target on the floor right infront of the button... people were scared to push the button... but they just had to to it anyway.... I had it hooked up to a semi's air horn.. when it went off, people all but levitated off of the floor

lmao.gif lmao.gif AHAHAHA! That's perfect! LOL,
Old 09-20-2005 | 08:57 PM

Me and my wife usually decorate the house for Halloween. We probably do too good a job as we only get 2 or 3 trick-or-treaters every year.
Old 09-20-2005 | 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ Sep 20 2005, 09:50 PM)
One of the things I once did for a haunted house... was a compleatly blank room with a large red button... If you really want to get sadistic.. paint a target on the floor right infront of the button... people were scared to push the button... but they just had to to it anyway.... I had it hooked up to a semi's air horn.. when it went off, people all but levitated off of the floor

Yeah we had something similar to that. We had panels in the floor rigged up to pressure switches, So when you stepped on them it set off and air horn and a blast of air, others would set of a scream box smoke screens and strobe lights. Whatever you can think of. The element of surprise is the key.
Old 09-20-2005 | 10:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Heh, Ideas? Where should I start...

Front of the haunted house (appearance) is 100% important.

Note how even though this is in a warehouse, it still looks like an old house (ive done better than this.)

Front of a haunted house (pic too big)

For Rooms, A Laboratory is always good. Its amazing what a little red paint can do to a white room...

(I dig the DEWALT drill lmao.gif )

A Graveyard CAN be one of the best haunts... (NOTE: This is IN a warehouse cool.gif ).

Some room Ideas (without pics, sorry)

Candelabra Hallway. A maze which has 3 turns... all the same way. Put a candleabra (3 pronged candle thing) at the end (you exit right before it). Put mirrors in the corners of the two turns. People will walk right into the walls thinking its a long hallway. It scares the crap out of them, cause they dont expect anything in front of them.

We used to use our first room (usually a foyer like a house) to stage a group of people until our house was ready for another group.

We always used a lot of special effects in our main entrance room. This would involve timed lights and events (some times turning the lights off and changing the look of the room, or opening up a hallway into a room) and let plenty of ghools enter the room without people seeing them enter. We would give our rules and regulations after this big first scare.

Back to the room ideas.... A couple of years we did a traditional haunted house.

We would have haunted kitchens (with pneumatic moving cabinets). and blood running in the faucet.

A haunted library works well too.

A basement can be worked out well. Think friday the 13th boiler room.

Some favorites. A dungeon with a dungeon master.

"lost room" a large room with only one exit. Think of a maze... the easiest was a big room with an X or H in the middle. A ghool would hide at the exit to scare them back in. The room has to be 100% dark and the exit we usually covered with a black curtian. Strips of plastic hanging down variously works well.

Spiderweb hallway... also dark with fishing line hanging down.

Car Horn Hall. Another dark hallway with a pressure activated mat (I can give my secrets away and tell how you to make a pressure mat for under $10). The mat would trigger a car horn and 2 flood lights made to look like headlights.

Loony bin. Lots of PVC poles painted black to look like jail cells. The "loons" can push the PVC to escape and run after the people. Works well with crazy actors.

Funeral Parlor... MUST have. If this is for a non profit organization, you can get real funeral parlors to actually DONATE real coffins.... Ever price one of those???

Warewolf... same PVC bars in a cage... I would recess a part of a hallway (if the hallway is 4' wide, make it 8' wide. When the people walk past this area, a pressure mat would trigger a strobe light... The warewolf makes noise "breaking out" so the people have to turn around. A warewolf in a strobe light makes it look like its moving twice as fast. This is a good way to get the scaredy cats in the back.

Hall of doors. 3 or more doors... 1 is the way out... 2 lead to dead ends (of varying length). Ghools can hide behind the doors... especially the one out. Make the people knock.

Some other things I have done is Skeletons behind plexiglass... light and buzzr on a pressure mat. (Noise and light create a HUGE scare).

Thats a teazer for now cool.gif

To give an example of how much work it was I did... This is what a semi commercial haunted house looks like going up in a warehouse.

House going up (pic too big)
Old 09-20-2005 | 11:23 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

yeah haunted houses at the NIH used to be really fun. the funnest part was the cookies, cake and ice cream they had!!! too bad they didn't let ya go in twice.

well, it was fun until i looked through the hole where the hairy warewolf arm came out and saw people typing on computers... pffff.

halloween is dangerous here where i live. i think it's the most dangerous holiday of all. absolutely nobody goes trick-or-treating here anymore because of just that! i'm serious!

i wish i had some girls to spend halloween with, patreezy, send some of them over here to partay mein. cool.gif
Old 09-20-2005 | 11:44 PM

^^ I'm so getting that.
Old 09-21-2005 | 04:09 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

LOL That's awesome Casper. I like that candleabra idea.

This year I have the perfect costume. You guys know the Alexander Keith's guy from the commercials. I'm so wearing a kilt and a wool sweater, throwing on some fake facial hair, a mole and working on that damn accent. LOL I'll have a sprained neck emergency kit to accessorize.

Gives me a decent excuse to drink a decent beer all night too.
Old 09-21-2005 | 04:13 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

My freind dressed up like a cartoon we saw. It was a bum wearing a sign board that said Hand Lotion 25 Cents, and had a hole down near the bottom, sticking out of the hole was a realistic looking dildo. I will see if he has pictures still.
Old 09-21-2005 | 08:01 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT

i dont belive in halloween.
Old 09-21-2005 | 08:14 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

hahaha, that's really funny java!

one of my best friends went to CVS and bought a samurai mask which had long gray hair coming from the top of the head in a pony tail and more long hair from the chin. the mask looked soooo funny!! he ran around the store trying to breakdance. he went to school with it and went to classrooms (including mine) wearing the mask and disrupting random classes. then he ran around the neighborhood streets humping trees and chasing cars. i still laugh to this day!!

halloween used to be fun if you made it fun. now it's just dangerous. there are too many troublemakers, rapists, and psychos wandering around here.

at these times, halloween is like a date with a girl, and excuse to party good. now to find one... *dracula laugh*