Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Halloween 2005

Old 09-20-2005, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

What are you guys doing? What'd ya do last year? Funny stories?

I guess my college puts on a haunted house every year and we have to come up with ideas to scare the kids from around town who come to visit the campus. It's pretty cool since we have such a big budget to play with, we can literally buy almost anything we want for the haunted house.

I wanna dress up like a kid again (cuz last year i didn't) and I think I found my costume, lmao.gif :

Here's couple others:

more costumes

I dunno, should be pretty fun. I don't even think we get the day off from school! mad.gif (it's on a Monday).
Old 09-20-2005, 09:47 AM

Love this time of year really not to sure what I am going to wear yet. You guys have got to check this site out it is crazy what this guy can do.

www.pumpkingutter.com
Old 09-20-2005, 09:50 AM

Halloween is my birthday fing02.gif

did you ever watch the muppet babies back in the day?

Well, if you did, and you remember the nanny that would sometimes come in, and you could only see her shoes and the bottom of her legs (striped socks)...well...

I'm gonna be the nanny for Halloween. Just the very bottom of a dress, and some legs. lmao.gif
Old 09-20-2005, 09:52 AM

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif ^^i loved that show! take pics please!! my bday is the day after and my dads is the day before
Old 09-20-2005, 10:58 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I used to do a commercial sized haunted house for a local non-profit organization. I would do everything from putting up the walls, running the electricity to building my own electronic and pneumatic special effects. I left that organization and now I have a LOT of free time to play with laugh.gif. I would get to do nothing but put that together and take it down from Sept 1st until Nov 18th. Boy I am glad I don't do that anymore! (I wouldnt mind doing another one, but they had me doing way too much for one person).

I dont know, I might hit up as many Haunted Houses this year to see what others have done!
Old 09-20-2005, 11:02 AM

guys, give me ideas on what i should do to "spruce" up my haunted house. LOL.

I have already made plans to have two chainsaws delivered for the very end of the haunted house (we'll probably chase them out of the haunted house after they are finished walking through). And also the first room you will walk into will be very cool;
It will be a walkway through an approx. 20ft. hallway and the walls around the hallway will be tubular. So the walkway will go through a tunnel, sorta. But the tunnel will have spiraling striped lines on it and will rotate slowly counter clockwise. So while you are walking on a stable walkway (not attached to the roating walls), you will feel like you are tilting and it will be funny to watch people start to fall over for no apparent reason.

I thought I'd do that first, just to get everyone disoreinted right off the bat, then I dunno...wherever my imagination takes me.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:18 AM

I used to participate in haunted house so I got some good Ideas that we used.

Make a slanted hallway. Flat Bottom and really slanted walls is SOOOO hard to walk in.

A maze. A verry verry DARK maze.

A small wooden crossing bridge. one as if its going over a little creek or something but the thing is put a BRIGHT strobe under it. SO hard to walk.

An enclosed slide.

Make a pocket in the wall and cover it with black plastic and have someone jump out of it. (blend in the hole in anotherwards.)

Have things outside the house kindof upping the scaryness. (IE Headless horseman riding around, lose zombies, anything.)

Paint one room black and cover the walls in 3-4 inch colord dots. Then dress a couple people in black spandex with the same dots on them. Put them in cornors and against walls with black lights and they cannot be seen.

SILENCE is a good trick. When it gets quit people start to scare themselves.

If i think of anything else Ill let you know. But thats all I have for now.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:58 PM

nice fing02.gif , I like the polka dot camoflauge idea. It may just work...

Yeah, There's gonna be the campus radio station playin music outside for people in line, so that kinda blows the scary mood outside the house. I could still think of somethin to scare some of the folks in line. Like hire someone to constantly scream at the top of their loungs as horrifically as possible and have sounds of chainsaws revving in between. Maybe some exageratted "SPLAT" sounds, lmao.. (like right before you enter). LOL.

This is gonna be fun.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:50 PM

One of the things I once did for a haunted house... was a compleatly blank room with a large red button... If you really want to get sadistic.. paint a target on the floor right infront of the button... people were scared to push the button... but they just had to to it anyway.... I had it hooked up to a semi's air horn.. when it went off, people all but levitated off of the floor
Old 09-20-2005, 04:19 PM

I love Halloween. We're taking our kid trick or treating as usual. A bunch of us pile in the back of a truck and hit up some neighborhoods.