Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

This guys has 1,500 credit cards

Old 01-05-2016 | 03:35 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Tiburon FX
Default This guys has 1,500 credit cards

1,500 credit cards and a near perfect credit score (or so he claims). Plus $1.7 million USD of credit line from all those cards combined.

http://time.com/money/4166577/guinne...t-card-holder/

Not too shabby indeed.
Old 01-05-2016 | 05:36 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Having gobs of available credit does NOT equal debt or bad credit. Some crappy lenders like to fool you into thinking so, but it's only to reduce THEIR risk.

I would like to know how he was able to get them all. Most issuers decline you no matter your score just because you have 5 new cards in 1 year.

The other common issue that most will cancel your card if you don't use it every 6 months to a year "to prevent fraud". Thought he claims to not use any but one.
Old 01-06-2016 | 12:52 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Buy a pack of gum, send a payment the next day.

The article says he did it pretty much on bet. Now it's a matter of pride being a world record.

As far as the debt issue is concerned, I can't even imagine 15k in credit card debt. It just sounds like an unreasonable scenario. I never let my debt grow beyond my liquid savings (retirement/long term not included) just in case, and for the most part pay off debts within a month or 2. And that's over half of a dozen lines of credit. 2 credit cards each at 7.5k seems a little....