Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Group Projects == Sucky!

Old 12-11-2005 | 10:42 PM

So for my french class, we have a group project (working in pairs) where we have to collaberatively write a 4 page conversation, hand it in, and then speak it.

We picked out partners Thursday, and the project is due this Tuesday.

My partner and I met Thursday evening to begin, and ever since then I have not been able to contact her...no reply or anything.

Even while being at the hospital while my brother's wife was having a baby, I still found time to try and contact my partner.

So I have pretty much tomorrow to hope my partner decides to actually work on this, write 4 pages with me, and prepare for Tuesday mad.gif

Anyone else agree group projects suck?

Especially in college. I do not like when my grade depends on other people who I cannot control. If they don't come through, that hurts my grade. And last I checked, they weren't paying my tuition, so they shouldn't have any affect on my grade...I'm so mad right now...

Note to all future professors out there: Leave the group projects alone. Let 3rd grade handle it!
Old 12-11-2005 | 10:44 PM

never liked group projects..prefer to do everything myself...

in school had to force some people in asking teachers if they have to work with me lmao.gif
Old 12-11-2005 | 10:49 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

you're learning french?
that's odd....i think it's spoken in only one state and over here (canada) mainly in Quebec and a little bit in other provinces
still nice to see some interest about it ;-)
if you're in need of some help send me a PM ;-)
Old 12-11-2005 | 10:56 PM

^ yeah - it's part of one the options for my major.

I can't remember what all the options were, but one was a 4-course series in a foriegn langauge, so I chose french. smile.gif

Thanks - I'll keep that in mind!

Right now were working on past-tense verbs...a little tricky. I took spanish and high school, and it's coming back to haunt me. Causes to much confusion later on lol
Old 12-12-2005 | 09:04 AM

partnering is supposed to build team building skills. While I am not much of a team player (I usually wind up as leader) some people never get it.. ESPECIALLY while in college.

I am sorry for you Joshua, I think you chose a dud partner... next time choose the girl with the best grade in the class... she has the most to lose if she flakes out.
Old 12-12-2005 | 07:49 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT

maybe she's the type of girl who likes being controlled. go over to her place, slap her around and make her do the assignment. tongue.gif

in my job, group projects are everything we do. without another person to rely on, my department will not run at all.
Old 12-12-2005 | 08:59 PM

^ haha yeah.

So she finally calls me today, at like 2:30 p.m. - this is AFTER I called another girl who need a partner, and I also emailed my professor to let him know what was going on.

So now I have 2 partners. Tomorrow's project is not going to go well....
Old 12-12-2005 | 09:27 PM

I never did like group projects myself. I remember I was project leader and I had to fire all 4 other members cause they would'nt get their act together! I ended up making a 97 on the project by myself while the other members ended up failing.
Old 12-14-2005 | 04:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Yea I dont like them either we had a half page or so of conversation on Senegal to memorize and present the day after the midterm (assigned the day before) She said it wasnt long enough so we had to talk about Senegal for like 3 mins goo thing everyone knew what senegal was like and knew enought french to have a conversation. We ended up getting a B. cool.gif