Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Government to stop paying military employees

Old 03-16-2011 | 01:03 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tibster
Default Government to stop paying military employees

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/20...tdown-031111w/

They are going to stop paying us military until the "budget" is figured out?

Old 03-16-2011 | 02:01 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

That's a bunch of crap. I doubt it will come to that, no congressman wants to have that pinned on them.
Old 03-16-2011 | 02:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

True story.

I think they're trying to egg on the American populous to imitate what's been going on in Egypt, Libya, and now Bahrain. It's the only result that can possibly occur if they force people to work without being paid. I didn't get my job to be a civil slave, but rather a civil servant (difference is getting paid a small amount rather than none at all). They'll get a full on revolt if people work without pay.

All I know is that if they do furlough, I've got other work lined up already.
Old 03-16-2011 | 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

... I was hoping they would stop being dumb and figure it out by now. I have enough savings to float me a few months without a problem. After that.. big problem. I should be going to school next month. Something tells me that might get canceled.
Old 03-16-2011 | 06:10 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

This ain't new, sh*t like this happens every year
Old 03-16-2011 | 06:58 PM

Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

I am with you on this Strike, the global elite would love to see that in America. Im sure their anxious as hell to use the Patriot Act on We The People.
Old 03-16-2011 | 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Originally Posted by faithofadragon
This ain't new, sh*t like this happens every year

I think for once I am going to disagree with you. I have been in the military for 10+ years now and I have never once had to worry about "am I going to get paid" the amount of our raise every year is questioned. I think its funny they were going to give us a small raise and people got mad. So they did a normal raise but dropped our housing. I am going to loose money in that deal overall. I would have rather the smaller raise then to go backwards.
Old 03-16-2011 | 08:00 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Give up your life for free? Yeah right!
Old 03-16-2011 | 09:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

Lmao

when are those idiots on capitol hill going to realize you don't bite the hand that feeds you nor do you get involved with other peoples friggin business.
Old 03-16-2011 | 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Slow your roll people. This is bunk. Multiple reports here with people talking to congresscritters who say military pay will not be stopped. The switchboard at the Capitol would melt, and you would see a special resolution within hours.

Remember: the current situation is nothing new. Every year under Carter and 2/3 of the Reagan years saw shut downs for a couple/few days. Also remember this is a private paper reporting *draft* guidance . . . . and that Obama hates the military o_O

Winning comments from that thread:

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL34680.pdf

Just got off the phone with my Congressman’s office.......the military WILL be paid even if the gov. shuts down. They are part of a separate appropriations bill that is not part of the continuing resolution.

I have called multiple Congressmen, from mine, to Boehner and Allen West, and I am not done yet. EVERY single one has said that the military WILL be paid not matter what.

I would suggest that EVERYONE call their representatives.

This story originated in the Military Times over the weekend. The Military Times is NOT a military newspaper, it is owned by Gannett, they have time and time again published misinformation.

Let me get this straight:

Social Security checks go out on schedule

Lawmaker’s checks go out on schedule

Disability Checks go out on schedule.

Pretty much everybody gets paid, even in a “shutdown”... except for the one group in our government that are serving to protect us - even with their own lives.

How come the military are among the FIRST to lose their pay? They should be among the VERY LAST to miss a paycheck.