Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Gone For A Minute

Old 08-03-2007 | 05:32 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Well it's been awhile! Lots of new folks on the site. For those of you who noticed, I haven't been around in awhile. Life has been a little crazy for me. Where to start...
Work has sucked since last october. Basically I have been running two of my stores because I had to terminate one store manager and demoted another. I have just hired replacements so things are starting to look up. Hopefully no more 5am to 6pm Mon-Sats anymore. And the summer is almost over so things are calming down.
My wife was out of work for a few months because she had 2 herniated discs in her back. So she was stuck in bed so she couldn't do anything (yes I mean anything!). I had to bounce between work and home to take care of her. My stress level was through the roof. I put on like 25lbs. I spent all of my savings on paying her end of the bills and the doctors bills that our insurance didn't cover. She is better now and back to work. We have a lot of catching up to do on bills and such, but we'll get there.
My condo is still up for sale. We've knocked $25k off the price and still nothing. The market is really bad out here right now. It's still up in the air as to whether or not we'll move out by Redz.
The tib has been through some rough times. It's been dented, scratched, hit, keyed on both sides, front tire almost fell off while I was driving and my rear caliper locked up on the highway and melted one of my slotted rotors. The good news is that I finally got my Jspeed pulleys on (thanks Alex and Jeremy for your great DIY's), new brakes pads and rotors all the way around. Stockers on the rears because I didn't have time to wait for ordering rears and Rotorpros on the front (thanks Rich C.) with carbon ferro pads. Stops mad quick without a hint of lockup. I have also been reducing a little weight in plans for a big road trip. Rear seats are gone as well as some other tidbits. Lost about 15 lbs myself. Still need to lose about 10 more!!
Now the road trip: It's been in the works since last fall. Next week I'll be taking a couple of weeks off and driving out to the Grand Canyon with my oldest son. On the return trip we'll be hanging out with Redz for a couple of days, slapping on the hood I bought from him (I don't know how long ago!) and then taking a little tour of the southern states I have never been to before.
Anyway, It's good to be back. I hope I get to pop in on the boards a little more and get caught up with you guys. Thanks to Jeremy and Evan for checking in on me once in awhile. I'll post up pics of the trip when I can.
Old 08-03-2007 | 05:37 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

welcome back!

see you in Albuquerque for the BBQ?
Old 08-03-2007 | 05:42 PM

I sooo wish I could, but I'm pretty much shootin the wad on next weeks trip and then I'm going to Florida for a couple of weeks in December for the "family trip". Who knows....
Old 08-03-2007 | 06:26 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

bout fvckin time, Keith!! we missed ya. and it would have been nice if you replied to more of my PMs. haha.

good to see things turnin around for ya
Old 08-05-2007 | 10:42 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Just don't dissapear on us like Gus did, and we'll be cool f***er.

LOL
Old 08-05-2007 | 10:46 AM

welcome back. sounds like things are looking up so thats good to hear
Old 08-05-2007 | 12:46 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Nice of you to come back Keith. Hopefully things turn around for you.