Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Give Me Advice/opinion

Old 12-30-2007 | 01:19 AM

ok to start this off, i'm going to explain a little about my relationship with fetish (josh) so you'll have the background idea for this ....

i've known fetish for a total of 9 years, almost 10. when we first met, the first 4 years, i really really did NOT like him, actually, i hated him, but that's only because i was young (from grades 5 to 8) and wanted to be popular, i kind of was, but he definitely wasn't. but during those first 4 years, he ALWAYS tried to get my attention, asked me out a few times, and whenever i'm crying, he's there next to me, buggin me to tell him what's wrong, and i'd always tell him to fvk off, but he won't!
then at the end of 8th grade, i didn't give a shit about being popular, just started to be myself, and for the first time, finally became fetish's friend.
we went through 9th grade as just friend (he had a gf during that year) but he still kept hogging my attention lol.
10th grade is when we finally started dating, after school though, we broke up. (thank god! i don't know what happend to me, i became clingy and obsessive/possessive, YUCK! after he dumped me, i learned better of myself, and shortly went back to my good old self smile.gif)
7 months later, he came up to me, and said he regretted it, and wants me back, so i decided to give him a second chance, and myself as well.
now, it's been 2 years since we were done with high school, we are both age 20, and we've been together for a total of 4 years (not counting that break up).

ok, that should sums up the past. now: for about a year we've been theoretically engaged. in other words, last year, my two best friends (j and k) and us went to go out and eat ... j(guy) proposed to k(girl). after his proposal, k begged fetish to propose to me, but fetish and i looked at each other and just laughed. later that day, we talked about it, and he said "Amanda, we're pratically engaged already! which is why i went ahead and continued to live with you when we got this apt." btw people, he moved in with me at my mom's for the last 4 months of our senior year at high school. so we're theoretically engaged, and agreed we'll get married after we turn 21 and get a house. lol.

well our fifth anniversary is coming up, on Feburary 23rd. right now, our "engagement" ring, which is basically our promise ring, it's just sterling silver band with a pagan star in the center. by our 5th anniversary, i'll have a real engagement ready, and i'd thought it'd be nice to have an actual proposal. this way our engagement would be "finalized"

now keep in mind ladies and gentleman, in our relationship, i'm more the "guy", and fetish is more the "girl". it's a LONG story, but to make it short: i grew up with 2 brothers, a dad, and my mom's a tomboy; fetish grew up with 3 sisters, a mom, and no dad.
in relationships (and i'm talking about relationship points that comedians make):
*it's the girl that complains: i hardly complain much, but fetish does just about everything.
*it's the guy that wants sex "everyday": i'm a total nymph, i LOVE sex, fetish only wants to do it 1 or 2 times a week.
~you guys get my point here. just an fyi, alli (alli.s007) here knows the long story, i've told her all about it wink1.gif

now this is where the whole "Advice/Opinion" comes in. i'd like to get some good proposal ideas/action/location. reason i'm asking here is cuz i don't want to do the whole down on one knee, hide ring in cupcake crap that the men does for women. although, i do like that ring in the champange idea wink1.gif

**now if any of you are going to mention that it should be HIM proposing to ME, forget it! he's not exactly that kind of guy. i once got a hint from my brother's wife, which is that fetish had told her awhile back (when we were living at my mom's at the time) he'd prefer it that I propose to him rather than HIM propose to me. so please keep that in mind before you start going off in the whole tradition thing. also just a reminder, neither of us believes in god, he's an atheist, as for me, i actually have a religion, which is wiccan; so our wedding will be a ritual, just not in a church, lol. another thing here, alli is my #1 bridesmaid (the second spot right after maid of honor laugh.gif)
Old 12-30-2007 | 01:20 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger

Go for it girl!!! fing02.gif cool.gif fing02.gif
Old 12-30-2007 | 09:22 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Wiccan, eh? A few old Hyundai members come to mind....

Well, I'm going to let other's chime in with their ideas, and briefly give you a break down of what I did.

February 10, 2006.
We had been dating for almost 6 years, and been through senior year of HS and all of college together. I took her to Atlanta for Valentine's Day. Below is a shot of the Atlanta skyline from our hotel room. She thought we were just there for V-Day. I took her to dinner at the Westin hotel - the 72nd and 73rd floor is a rotating restaurant, and you can see the entire city below. After dinner, we went on the observation deck to look out at the city, and as we rotated to a building that had the lights lit up in a diamond shape (see pic below) she commented on it, and turned around as I proposed.

Skyline from our hotel balcony: Attachment 367
The tall cylinder building in the center is the Westin. The building to the right has the diamond

Diamonds in the Sky: Attachment 366
Old 12-30-2007 | 11:35 AM

oooo cool, i always wanted to go to one of those rotating restaurant!! eat while your moving haha.
Old 01-04-2008 | 08:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

there is a rotating restaurant in milwaukee if you don't want to drive to atlanta.

good food, but damn expensive.

only thing i remember about was it was downtown, not very far from where they hold the auto show there.

ericy would know more than i would.
Old 01-04-2008 | 08:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

LOL thats funny because I have no idea what you mean. The Midwest Express Center is where they have the auto show but I have no idea of a rotating restaurant here.

OK I found it. I dont know how I never knew it was there or whatever. It isnt a big restaurant on a huge building or anything. It is downtown near the Grand Avenue Mall. Right by the Midwest Express Center and the Bradley Center. Looks to be real nice and dinners are 27-42 it says, not to bad. I doubt youll be coming here for dinner but I was kind of interested in it. Ill have to go soemtime for sure.
Old 01-04-2008 | 11:18 PM

LOL, OK rotating restaurants are awesome LOL
more ideas please?

we live in Minnesota, and you all know that Minnesota is famous for 10,000 lakes. lol that's only counting the larger of the lakes, if you counted all the small ones as well, heck there's way more 10,000 to count! lol

one idea demon_fox gave me while we were chatting on yim, is this: (here's a copy/paste with his permission)
heres my idea for your proposal. find a real nice spot in the woods not too far off a beaten path, overlooking one of your million lakes. setup like you would when you have a picnic, then while you two are looking at the natural scene, then ask him!
Old 01-05-2008 | 10:32 AM
Administrator

sounds like a good idea -- but I'm just weary about going into the woods to propose. He says no, nobody may ever find his body again!

Sorry, my wife's been watching those damn men bashing Lifetime movies lately... That actually sounds like a good idea. It's not overly expensive and has plenty of sentimental value, and nearby and easy to plan.
Old 01-05-2008 | 11:04 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

lol Majik. That sounds cool. Would he like something more romantic or what?
Old 01-05-2008 | 11:42 AM
Administrator

yeah, that's a good point. I've been thinking from the perspective of a male proposing to a female, where he'd try to be romantic and do what she'd like, but we really need to know what he's like.

Guys might prefer you to put it on the jumbo-tron at a hockey game/MLB game instead of trying to be overly romantic... but then again, you did say he wears the skirt in the relationship.

Give us some insight on him - what would HE find amusing/perfect proposal? If it were me in his position, I'd rather it be a funny/light hearted moment instead of overly romantic.... but I don't wear the skirt