Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Girlfriends Birthday.

Old 04-27-2006 | 07:07 PM

Hello. I know i haven't posted in a while, but i still do check up here. Anyway, it's my girlfriends 21st birthday coming up here, so i got her a bracelet. Whats your guys and girls take on this? What would be a good price range. We've been going out for a little under 4 months. I was thinking maybe like $100 - $200?, since it's here 21st birthday and all. I'm prepared for Redzman's comments, as well as all of you others. smile.gif

J
Old 04-27-2006 | 07:20 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Wait, you said you got her a bracelet as in you already have one purchased for her. If you haven't... you should be able to get nice one for that price. I got my girly a bracelet at christmas time for $200 and it was really nice but it was on sale for the season.
Old 04-27-2006 | 07:40 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I dunno mang, this girl i went out with who i barely knew bought me a $300+ Torgeon T1 (top of the line) flight watch in silver. I was amazed, cause I never got her anything. lmao.gif

So, if you like her surprise HER!
Old 04-27-2006 | 07:48 PM

sounds like a good idea. Then again I always preffered car parts over jewelery so I cant really say, lol.

If anything I wouldnt get anything too stylized, something simple but elegant, nothing too fancy shmancy. Something that she can wear with anything.
Old 04-27-2006 | 08:12 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

get her something that is unique to her. anything you can remember her saying she liked/would like to see when you guys first started dating that has fizzled out with time? surprise her with something that pertains to that.

also take her out somewhere, and not a major restaurant chain. too bad you cant surprise her with a nice bottle of champagne, a little trip to the city is always money though.
Old 04-27-2006 | 08:20 PM

yeah I agree about the unique thing. If you get her flowers, dont get her roses. Get her something different and unexpected, but still pretty, like tulips or something. Every single guy that I have ever dated has gotten me the same exact roses. I mean they were still appreciated and I still liked them, but they were expected and typical. If you get her something unexpected it'll show her that you put thought into it and care. Red roses are like the standard gift for men, its like theyre all programmed to automatically buy them for every occasion laugh.gif