Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Girl Problems, Need Help!!

Old 07-28-2001, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Girl Problems, Need Help!!

Ok, here is the deal. I have been going out with this girl for 4 months now. We were doing good for a while, but lately I have been feeling different about her. I just don't feel the same about her than when we first met. It seems as if we aren't going anywhere with this relationship, but maybe I am just trying to rush it and need to be patient. I have considered breaking up with her to see what else is out there for me, but I never could get myself to do that. She's on vacation right now with her family and is going to be gone for another 2 and a half weeks.

The problem is, I just met another girl who is super beautiful and seems really nice and I would like to get to know her very well... Now I know that she wants to go out with me sometime. I would like to go, but in case it doesn't work out with her, I don't want to lose my girlfriend now because I hate to be single, it's depressing!! sad.gif I haven't gone out with this new girl yet, but if I do and I like her, I will break up with my girlfriend as soon as she gets back. However, if it doesn't really work out, and I go back to my old girlfriend and act as if nothing ever happened, is that considered cheating on her? Should I go out with her???? What should I do????
Old 07-28-2001, 04:13 PM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

Dump 'em both! Gives you more money and time for your car. Or you could download Random's life story, then you'll find out how to get any woman... hehehe.
Old 07-28-2001, 07:46 PM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

Let us know how it all goes.

And take pictures! hehehe....oh, just kidding...
smile.gif tongue.gif rolleyes.gif eek.gif tongue.gif smile.gif

[ July 29, 2001: Message edited by: HyundaiJVX ]
Old 07-28-2001, 09:13 PM

Hey man I would suggest that you wait till your girlfriend gets back from VAC and then see how you feel about her. Sounds to me that you are just lonely!! do the right thing and ruff it out till she gets back!!! you will feel much better about yourself if you do! If the other chich like you then she'll still be there in two weeks and if not then she wasn't worth it anyway!!!
Old 07-28-2001, 11:53 PM

Hey if your girl is gone for two weeks that means your a free man for 2 weeks. Go with the other girl untill your girl gets home and see who you like best. ITS NOT CHEATING. Remember like on Road Trip. Its not cheating if your in another area code. So just cross the state line for a while and its all good.
Old 07-29-2001, 01:43 AM

true that....there is a rule I read in Maxim (The Bible), and it once said that if your boy/girlfriend is more than 200 miles away, it's not cheating. hehehe

Anyhow, the moment I feel differently about a female, I cut her off. There's too much out there to waste time, and time is something that shouldn't be spent needlessly.
Old 07-29-2001, 02:14 AM

Originally posted by Bms212:
Hey if your girl is gone for two weeks that means your a free man for 2 weeks. Go with the other girl untill your girl gets home and see who you like best. ITS NOT CHEATING. Remember like on Road Trip. Its not cheating if your in another area code. So just cross the state line for a while and its all good.

This has got to be the WORST ADVICE I have ever heard.
...start rant...
Nothing personal to you, man, but I've just gotta say that its farkwads that live by this kind of horse****e that make it all the harder for nice, good guys to earn the trust and respect of the women that YOU'VE (plural) screwed over in the head. You are the "typical" male, the bastard that does what he wants and treats women like paper towels...use it once and toss it aside.
I agree that pointless relationships are a waste of time. Maybe you feel that a relationship becomes pointless once the emotions start to fade. And maybe the chick you're with feels the same way, and is cool with it all. But that sounds FAR more pointless a relationship than one you've actually put some effort into developing and making happen. When a relationship ends, the pointlessness of it is only what you make of it. If you choose to not think about the relationship, what went wrong, and figure out what you can learn from it all, then yes, it was a complete waste of your time and energy. But if you can walk away from the relationship with ONE insight into who you are, who she was, or how you work, then I think you'd be hard-pressed to call the time wasted. It's all a matter of improvement...if you're interested in figuring yourself and other people out, then you'll pay attention to these kinds of things. But if you think you don't need any improvement, if you want to be the stereotypical thick-headed Magnolia one-track male, then by all means be my guest, and see how happy you are when you're 40 and are still following the sage advice of American Pie, Dude Where's My Car, and Road Trip.
...end rant...

MyTibby - I agree with accent 1 here. Wait it out and see how things stand when your girlie comes back home. If this other girl is really interested, she'll still be there in two weeks.

[ July 29, 2001: Message edited by: Iago ]
Old 07-29-2001, 04:00 AM

Thanks everyone for your input. Iago, you were totally right about my situation. I have learned a lot from this relationship. In the past, I have dated girls who were a little on the "easy" side, and of course it never worked out. I thought that maybe I should try something different. The girl I am with right now is totally different than any of the girls in the past. She is a very innocent girl and a total sweetheart, but I just don't think that is what I'm looking for right now. She may think that the pace we are going is good, but I want to pick it up a little more than that.

I haven't done anything yet with this new girl. I haven't even told her that I have a girlfriend. I am kind of playing a game as of right now. I show that I'm interested at times, but when she starts to move in, I back off. Tunez, what age do you consider "young"? I am 20 years old, almost 21. Is that a good age to start thinking about "settling" or do I still have some time? But anyways, I will be seeing this girl at my friends house on Tuesday, so I will let you know what happens.... if anything!

[ July 29, 2001: Message edited by: MyTibby ]
Old 07-29-2001, 05:13 AM

I listen to alot of loveline. Good show. I feel better knowing that the caller lives are more screwed up then mines ever was! But seriously, I remeber reading about feeling towards new relationships. Do you think it is possible you like this new girl, because she is new? You know, the new piece of candy in the candy store that you have to taste. Its true for me to an extent. Dating a new girl is always exciting, because of the uncertain things that goes on, will she like me, am I funny, what is she thinking about me etc. Once the relationship matures and you have been seeing her for awhile. All of that excitment and mystery begins to wear off. All you have left then is a girlfriend that you eithier love or don't and vica versa. In other words just like song goes "The thrill is gone" I think that is why some people don't settle down as much. That new relationship feeling is kind of an emotional high, somepeople want to maitain that high for as long as possible. If that means for a person not to be serious about any given girl, and always going out on dates. Then that is what they do to maintain it. I hope this helps some. Or if all else fails, just devote your time into your tib instead!!