Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Gimme all of your Problems! (car related problems that is)

Old 01-28-2003 | 01:06 PM
Al

2k2 GS 1.6L 5 speed
Blown tranny bearings(made gringin noises when off the clutch) at 2.5k milles reaplaced under warranty.

hard to get in first and rear(sometimes very hard)

Licence plate bulb burned out before fist inspection

[ January 30, 2003, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Big_Al ]
Old 01-30-2003 | 10:24 AM

I gots a 2000 5-speed Tibby::

1. Headlights have blown out approx. every 2-3 months. Used to go to dealer, but they now say i gotta leave it overnight for a "diagnostic" before they will swap the bulbs now. My solution? I buy my low beam bulbs in bulk.. if you look around you can get VERY good prices on them. High beams blew out once in past 2 years, and that was when i had some battery issues.

2. Battery died last october, didn't feel like dealing with dealer hassles, so i replaced it myself.

3. 2 motors replaced in first year of Tibby's life, both due to drowning..first time was a long-block replacment, second time the crank, pistons, and rods were replaced.

4. After my first motor replacment, bout 4 months later, i woke up one morning and could only use 1.3. and 5 on my tranny, no 2,4 or R...dealer said my clutch went out, and they "supposedly" replaced it, NOT under warranty. (not REALLY an issue, seeing as i bought the car expecting to blow a clutch in the first year or 2). when i got the car back, the clutch felt the same as before the tranny issues.

5. Rubber hangers on the muffler all broke @ 1.5 years of age in a span of 3 weeks, replaced under warranty.

6. Hinged cover to console broke. Replaced under warranty.

7. Spring in overhead sungless holder broke, not an issue and not told to dealer yet.

8. Both O2 exhaust sensors went out, replaced under warranty
Old 01-30-2003 | 10:40 AM

2000 tiburon
had rims recoated due to salt warranty
had paint done warranty
black piece under hood rusted
Old 01-30-2003 | 02:50 PM

Where to start, where to start...
'97 Tiburon 5-speed 2.0ltr.

1. Berings went out in rear.
2. Rotors got warped so bad that there were actually chunks missing out of them. Needless to say, stopping became one hell of a chore.
3. Timing belt started to slip, but my little beta engine kept it together and escaped any injury!
4. This one is hard to believe, but it's true: My clutch was starting to slip ever so slightly when I had a friend take my car for a spin (not the best stick driver in the world). Long story short, the drive shaft "popped" out of place, tearing the oil boot to shreads, "popped" back in and destroyed the clutch. The mechanic I brought it to was dumbfounded (he's very trust worthy). Had the driveshaft and oil boot covered under warranty, but I had to replace the clutch. Wasn't cheap.
5. Light behind the fuel gauge doesn't turn on at first when cold out, but as soon as the car warms up it's on.
6. Both light bulb ballasts have melted. (More my fault-I was using after market bulbs)
7. The stock michelins are WEAK. Suck on dry pavement, wet pavement, and blowout VERY easily.
8. Paint sucks. Starting to rust on my sunroof and passenger side door.
9. Center counsle "door" is broken off.
10. Driver's side foglight doesn't work.
11. Squeaks and rattles from all parts of my car.
12. Tranny is rough in the winter, 1st and Reverse hard to get into.
13. Not really a problem, but funny thing I noticed: whenever I eject a tape from my stock radio, it never comes completly out. Instead, it sits there for a second, then the radio takes it back in, puts it out, takes it in, puts it out, takes it in, then finally spits it out onto the floor. I still laugh out loud to this day.

That's all I can think of now, somedays my car makes me want to suicide myself.
Old 01-30-2003 | 11:09 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

97 Accent 1.5 SOHC

-replaced reverse light switch at ~60,000 km

-replaced drive shaft at around 80,000 km due to worn CV joint

-right front caliper seized at 127,000 km, necessitating replaced of caliper, pads and rotor.

-replaced alternator at 138,000 km

-replaced clutch at ~ 170,000 km. Pressure plate and throw-out lever were broken, due to a combination of the parts being cheap and me driving the car hard. rolleyes.gif

-replaced both O2 sensors at ~165,000 km.

As of this moment, the shifter is quite balky and hard to shift, possibly due to worn shifter bushings. Also, the synchros have been garbage since day one...

[ January 31, 2003, 06:10 AM: Message edited by: stickshift ]
Old 01-31-2003 | 04:54 AM

Sorry off topic: rolleyes.gif

Yo Stickshift, how come u never over at TSR!
Give a wave to the black 2000 Tib with "Pearl Auto Care" windshield banner if we pass by! lol
Old 01-31-2003 | 05:20 AM

Vehicle: 02 Elantra

96-01 beta engine
Plug wires (new design 27501-23B01)
TPS sensor (new design 35170-22010)
Coil pack
purge valve
canister close solenoid
99-01 exhaust manifold crack
Pulse generator (auto transmission)

99-01 V6
upper O2 sensors (new design avaliable)
crank sensor (new design avaliable)
purge valve
canister close solenoid
Plug wires

[ January 31, 2003, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Jmontigny ]
Old 02-01-2003 | 07:19 AM
PB

2000 Tiburon
25,000 KM

- New 02 sensor at 6K (warranty)
- Left rear brake caliper replaced due to partial seizure caused by rusting @ 18k (warranty)
- Rotor resurfacing due to uneven wear by seized caliper (did all 4 under warranty)
- New rear pads due to accelerated wear caused by partial seziure (paid out of pocket)
- Seat Belt fixed (recall)and TPS replaced (warranty by request)
- Both front hub bearings replaced @ 22K (warranty)
-Exhaust hangers replaced due to stretching...(warranty..even thou I have an aftermarket exhaust, cool dealer)
- About table spoon of Oil in #1 sparkplug tube ..taking in next week
- Rusting black strip under hood... will ask if it is under warranty, otherwise will fix myself.
Old 02-02-2003 | 03:32 PM

97 Tiburon Auto 2.0

Sorry for such the long list but my car is a piece of ****!

1. Warped brake rotors after 22,000 miles
2. Oil pressure switch- resulting in an entirely new engine after months of HLA's ticking like a bat out of hell! suicide (warranty) only 26,000 miles
3. Power door locks- piece inside arm broke- dealer tells me it is not a Hyundai part! (WTF?) sounds like a frickin machine gun layin off rounds inside my driver side door after shutting off the car.
4. About 3-4 blown headlights (knock on wood) driver side
5. creaks from the hatch
6. vibrations in the steering wheel (dealer can't fix???)
7. When I turn my headlights on, the interior lights won't turn on unless I turn the lights on/off 2-3 times (P.I.T.A.!)
8. Dome lights burn out
9. Seat belts get all tangled up- fixed-Recall
10. stock Michelins suck! needed to be replaced only after 25,000 miles.
11. frickin orange peel on the car- of course Hyundai's beautiful job!
12. That dang clock- I just give up!

Those are just some of the problems that I have with my demonic car! All in all my car is the biggest stress in my life! In the first year that I owned my Tib, It sat in the shop for 3 months being fixed due to many mechanical and an accident(not my fault). I have to believe that my car is definitely a curse, but then again maybe I just wasn't born to own a Hyundai and god is trying to tell me this: VERY PAINFULLY!

[ February 02, 2003, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: bragger29 ]
Old 02-02-2003 | 03:55 PM

2001 Tib 2.0l 5 speed - bone stock

Headlights and foglights (both sides) have blown (a couple of times), car is a little over a year old.

Squeaky clutch (fixed under warranty - upper bushings)

Warped rotors @ less than 10k, took them 4 trips in to the dealership and 22k for them to finally turn them (warranty)

Misc rattles from the right rear speaker grill

Another rubbery sounding squeak coming from the enigne (sounds like a rubber mount or something, and it's right between the drivers and passengers seat, between my knees and feet) squeaking. It's been in to the dealer 4 times for this and they still can't fix it. Hell, I've even went under there with some liquid wrench and sprayed everything rubber and I can't even find it.

If I am going along in first gear and tap the gas a little, you will hear the squeak, and it's in perfect rythym with the jolting and shaking of the car. It also happens between my less than smooth shifts. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Going over bumpy roads makes the car sound like the wheels are going to fall off (though I know they are not cause I have checked the torque on the lug nuts many times).....I think this may be a characteristic of our cars though......anyone else hear this?

Other than that, the car has been good.

[ February 02, 2003, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: AllBlackTibby ]