Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.
View Poll Results: what would you do?
turbocharge Tibby
83.87%
change Tibby to a new car
16.13%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Future Of A Tibby

Old 10-30-2005, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep the Tib. Those other cars don't look terrible to me, but, the Tib still looks 10x better. Although it might not be knew, you can change some suspension bushings, shocks if needed, overhaul the engine, and make some soundproofing on the cabin, and you you will have a better car than those econoboxes. Think of it this way, in two or three years, the Tib will be even older, but it's a great looking coupe, those instead are econohatches disguised as "warm-hatches" (none of them are truly hot hatches) and in two or three years thwy will feel like just another boxy drive in the street, the Tib will never loose the magic of it's fine design and a respectable 2.0 liter power (it might not be top of the notch power, but with couple of mods it reaches like 150 WHP, much more than those 1.6s)
So, keep it.

Now, if the question was "I want to trade the Tib in favor of .... " and the options were something sportier, maybe even RWD, then you could think about it, but with those options, definitely keep it.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:58 PM

Honestly, I would stay away from the Cit and the Renault. Neither of those two cars will be as reliable as your Tib had been. I cannot say about the Mitsu, but even the three diamond company seems to be cutting corners in the reliability section recently.

I do understand how you feel. My tib is getting up there in age and miles. It looks really bad since it has been hit, and I am currently fighting an O2 sensor cel and a broken handbrake cable that I have been too lazy recently to fix properly.

I do not know about your tib.. but I still get 31 to 34 miles to the gallon average round town and highway driving. I have no strange new creaks or squeaks or any other signs of age that most cars get as they get older. My engine is still going very strong at 115,000 miles even though I have been negligent in changing oil and fuel filter. I am still running the original clutch!

Yes My tib is going to cost me a few thousand soon. Clutch, bushings, suspension... and then we can talk about the bodywork.. but like my fiat, I find it well worth it. Remember this, you can spend a few hundred a month in payments on a new car.. or you can put that money into your tib. You already know your Tibs weaknesses and strengths, you can work around them. A new car is still a Mystery... a fun mystery perhaps, but still a mystery.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:40 PM

Defiantly keep the tib it looks so much better than those cars, or if you are really worried about having a car with that many miles get a newer tib.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:15 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon Fx

u gotta saty with the tib, those other cars are gross looking. I would rebuilt and turbo charge it
Old 10-30-2005, 06:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Is this post a joke? It has to be with the cars you are opting for.

Please, stay with the Tib, or at the very least, move UP in class instead of downgrading to one of those econoboxes.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:24 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon SE

is this even a question? this is rdTIBURON,... go turbo. make us all proud fing02.gif
Old 10-30-2005, 08:27 PM

Those other sardine cans youre callin cars look like ass man. Boost the tib. drillsergeant.gif
Old 10-31-2005, 07:42 AM

I'm sorry dude, but those are some of the UGLIEST freakin' cars I have ever seen. It's great that they are new, but they are UGLY. Plus, how do you know they will be as reliable?

Just stick with the Tib.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:45 AM

i love the way mitsu looks....

ya b poshel s novoj mashinoj..02.gif
Old 10-31-2005, 08:40 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

Thanx for all replies!!! It was all that I needed smile.gif fing02.gif

I decided to stay with my Tib.
I will be boosting it, but I'm newb in turbocharging, so be ready for lot's of newb questions.

I <3 MY TIBBY!!!