Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Fundementals Of Engineering Exam (formerly E.i.t.)

Old 04-13-2009, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

It's the end of my junior year in a mechanical engineering technology program and I will be taking the FE exam (formerly the engineer in training exam) on April 25. Just looking for any words of wisdom I might find from those who have already taken it.

For those who don't know what this is, its a licensing test that consists of 200 questions in 8 hours. That being said, all resident vultures might want to start figuring out what they want to grab off my tib if I don't make it out.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:49 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

what classes do you have left as a senior?
Old 04-14-2009, 06:46 AM

Common sense and deductive resoning can help alot. There are likely going to be problems where you can rule out two of four solutions because they just don't make sense. There are also problems where you can tell which answer is correct when you're only half way done solving them... take advantage of the multiple choice format! Do your best through the first part of the quiz, because 8 hours is a long time... I know that by about my 6th hour, I was making guesses just so I could get done. (NOT a recomended strategy, but I did pass). If there are questions outside your disipline, leave them for any spare time at the end. It's very tempting to solve or look up every single answer, but if its going to take you a long time, you're better off leaving it for later. That way you can get through all the easy/quick questions, and budget the rest of your time for solving the toughies, researching in the manual, or deducing the best guess from the given options. The best advice though: RELAX... you've been spending your whole college career studying for this thing already!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:30 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I havn't taken it yet (should have) but a few of my friend gave me some advise and its pretty much in line with what Libby said. Just relax, if the question is not in your discipline don't worry about it as much, you want to get as many as you know correct first!