Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Free Us And Canda Calls Via Skype

Old 05-16-2006, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Yep, free calls to land lines from your computer smile.gif. and it lasts till the end of the year ! heres the quote from techcrunch.com

Skype is announcing that calls from Skype to a landline or mobile phone in the U.S. or Canada are now free, through the end of the year.

The Skype user must be in the U.S. or Canada at the time of the call (it doesn’t matter where your Skype account is set up), and the outbound call must be to a U.S. or Canadian POTS or mobile phone. Skype calls to U.S. numbers are currently priced at $0.02 per minute.

There are lots of other ways to make free calls in the U.S., but none that have no set monthly fee (Vonage has plans at $15/$25 per month, for example). This won’t help people overseas who are using Skype calling into the U.S., but it’s great to see calling fees disappear, one step at a time.

http://www.techcrunch.com/2006/05/15/skype...-us-and-canada/
Old 05-16-2006, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

M'eh....I already get Vonage for free so nana.gif

I've heard alot of horror stories about Skype though. Hopefully people have better results with it than other I know of.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:48 AM

I use it to talk to people in several countries. Works great for something free, but I wouldn't pay alot more than a couple $ to use it in it's current state.

After alot of refining and further development, maybe it will substitute the conventional phone.

Not good news for my company - at&t, but I'm all for free communication.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:21 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

agreed. anything that helps keep my cell phone minutes down = good. i have yet to try it out, but hope to sometime this week.