Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Free Movie Sites

Old 08-13-2008 | 09:06 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I went to my regular Chiro Therapy appointment Monday and the hot receptionist chick was watching Step-Brothers on her computer. I though she just bought a burnt copy from a bootleg store...we have a lot of those down here in FL. Anyway she said it was online and free so I asked her what site it was on. So she made me a list, for those who don't know of these sites have at it. Many of these bootlegged movies lack quality but they are free...

Sorry, removed due to concerned movie theater fanatics.
Old 08-13-2008 | 09:27 AM

Or, just get off your cheap @$$ and pay the $7 to see the movie the way it should be seen...
Old 08-13-2008 | 09:34 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ its $10.95 by me

But I agree seeing the movie in the theaters is much better quality wise and experience wise, plus its not that expensive to go to the movies
Old 08-13-2008 | 09:35 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

This post should be deleted. I don't think this site should be used to advertise sites offering illegal copies of movies. I tried to use the report feature but it wouldn't work.

If everybody does this there won't be any movies to watch!!! Think about it.
Old 08-13-2008 | 09:41 AM

^^ its $10.95 by me

That's why I go to the cheap theatre smile.gif
Old 08-13-2008 | 09:45 AM

I really meant for this to be for those bored at work people, not for cheap asses and such really.

I paid to see Dark Night and I will eventually pay to see Step-Brothers as well once I get the time to see it but there is nothing wrong with these sites. If you think so your an idiot! Musicians still make tons of money and their music is spread all over the free internet.

By the way rally, it's not illegal unless money is made off of a copy or viewing of the video.
Old 08-13-2008 | 11:12 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ isn't it illegal based on copyright infringement?
Old 08-13-2008 | 11:27 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^it's illegal in this country I think but those sites are in countries where it's not. I don't think sites like that are ever going to replace people going to see the movie. I was taking a film class last semester and it was helpful if I couldn't rent the movie because I was writing my paper at 2 in the morning lol.
Old 08-13-2008 | 01:25 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

im not going to lie i use watch-movies.net

the only reason why is because me and my wife has no babysitter and certain movies i can not take my 19 month old son to see

but putting this on the site is not right...it is promoting illegal activities
Old 08-13-2008 | 01:43 PM

I understand everyone's concern, I did not post this with the intention that people would rely on these sites for all their movie needs. As polaris said I don't believe it will have much of an affect on whether or not people go see movies and/or rent. For instance myself, I have a blockbusteronline account and go to the movie theater every now and then.

I got to the theater when I want to see a movie that deserves a huge screen, loud surround sound and an audience for extra special effects. I rent when I want to watch a movie at home with more then myself. I would only use this myself if I was bored enough and free enough at work to do so.

Other people may abuse it. And tho it's not illegal until you actually copy and distribute it (copyright laws), it is still against the idea of copyright laws and seems to bother some here so I will delete the site names in my first post.