Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

FRAUD ALERT on carstereo.com

Old 11-03-2004, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: RGB Flash!!! ****Epilectic Seizure Warning***

This is the bogus ad:

http://www.carstereo.com/classifieds/detai...araudio=Pioneer 7500 DVD Player Indash!!!

Almost got scammed by:

Adam Brock
4590 Sandy Hills Pike
Nashville, TN 37204
(615) 897-9921

He is selling a Pioneer AVHP 7500 DVD (NEW IN BOX) on carstereo.com for no set price. I was all set to purchase one, but he was so quick to discount the price and was insistant on the money being sent via Western Union, that I waited to receive the package before I was going to pay. Much to my dismay when I opened it, it was a shoe box containing 2 tubes of cheap cookies, a ream of college ruled notebook paper, and a matrix scheme to get the unit. No where in his ad did he say it was information, and I spoke briefly with him on the phone, and he guaranteed me it was the unit I was getting. Other tip offs that he was trying to scam me was an inaccurate profile, he was reluctant to give me an address, gave me a bad cell phone number, and he was real pushy. I also emailed him from a different email address about the unit after he had supposedly shipped it, and he said that he still had it.

And to top this off, I get a voice mail on my cell phone from him demanding his money saying I got what I asked for (no, not information) and that if I didn't pay him he was threating to kill me (granted he lives in TN and I am 1/2 a country away, but people are crazy). So beware to those browsing the carstereo.com classifieds.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:35 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Crooked H meet this weekend? (11/6/05)

Wow.

Did you ever get them rims sent out?

wink.gif
Old 11-03-2004, 09:39 PM

Default Re: FRAUD ALERT on carstereo.com

of course I did, just had to whoop some ass......lol