Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Found A Welding Shop

Old 10-03-2005 | 02:49 PM

So I won a new trunk on ebay so I can do some work without worrying about messing mine up. I drove out to Millville NJ today to pick it up (about an hour's drive) and I talked to the owner of the company I was picking the parts up from.

Guy once planned to build a drag tibby, but after 9/11 the bottom dropped out of his business long and hard enough that he sold the car.. but still had some parts left.

Anyway, his brother does all this guy's welding (It is an engineering firm) and I had mentioned to him that I might be looking for a professional welder for my fiat's suspension.. that was when I found out the guy welds up NHRA dragcars on the side...

I think I found the man to make sure I get the suspension in my car properly, safely, and straight.

I might also see about a rollbar like Mad-John was talking about and maybe an airram compatable strut bar (need to buy an airram first) too. I just find it amazing how I can network like this without really trying.. all thanks to eBay!
Old 10-03-2005 | 02:51 PM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Sounds like a good find indeed. You think he will charge you alot or what? Seems like he does some good work, which can get expensive.
Old 10-03-2005 | 02:56 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

WORD. This site's main advantage to me is networking. I've met so many people that know people that know people. Ya know.

Anywho, I'm waiting on phenolic spacers to install my Airram. If ya wanna pay half of the total shipping costs (to you and back to me) then I'll pay the other half to get that Airram compatible strut bar done. Just install the Airram on your car, get the measurements, make the brace and test fit. Then send it back to me still in a fairly new condition.

All I ask is a small discount on the strut bar.

good find MadMachine.
Old 10-03-2005 | 03:33 PM

nah, just wait till spring. I will see about the airram the hard way. I want one anyway, so I just got to clear a few bills before I buy.
Old 10-03-2005 | 03:39 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

okay, keep us updated on what goes on with the welder then...
Old 10-03-2005 | 03:39 PM

Hey Mad,

If you want I can let you use mine. The Tib is in ICU right now and may be there for a while (I hope not), let me know. fing02.gif