Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Found Pix Of One Messed Up Tib

Old 02-28-2006 | 05:14 PM

When I totalled the black tib the second time, I was doing about 55 mph. The airbags went off, but only after I hit and was jerked forward, and they took their sweet time inflating. Not only that but it burned my hand. So it was pretty much useless.
Old 02-28-2006 | 05:20 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

aargh4.gif <------ that's so cute Random
Old 02-28-2006 | 06:44 PM

QUOTE (Tibbychick @ Feb 28 2006, 04:14 PM)
When I totalled the black tib the second time, I was doing about 55 mph. The airbags went off, but only after I hit and was jerked forward, and they took their sweet time inflating. Not only that but it burned my hand. So it was pretty much useless.

If you didn't bust your head open, or crush your chest on the steering wheel, the airbag did it's job. Burns are a side effect of airbags. They inflate so fast they use pyrotechics to inflate them, that makes them HOT. The fabric of the air bag can also cause burns as it slides across your skin very fast as it inflates and as you crash into it.

Since you're here, the airbag did it's job. If the airbag had NOT inflated in time, you would have eaten steering wheel or windshield. Burns are just a side effect of airbag deployment

If people would just use common friggin sense, they would realize that airbags WORK.
The fact that they don't go off, but you're here talking indicates they didn't NEED to go off.duh_1.gif
The fact that the airbag went off and burned you, or busted your windshield or broke your nose, or all of the above...guess what. It worked, you're here talking. It did it's job duh_1.gif
Old 02-28-2006 | 06:53 PM

It really didnt do anything though. Like I said it inflated after I was thrusted forward, then back to normal postion and stopped. What really kept me from getting hurt was the seatbelt. That kept me from hitting the windshield. The airbag slowly inflated after I was sitting there for 5 seconds and thinking "holy sh!t my car's in pieces". I had to push it out of my way.