Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Flood!

Old 10-21-2005, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually... our area wasnt flooded at all, just my street. the street drain (the only one in my area i think) got clogged the night before last and when i got up and got in my car yesterday morning there were puddles on the floorboard all throughout my car. im not talking like a small puddle either, im talking an inch of water sittin in my cars floorboard. i about flipped!!! i took my car and had it vacuumed (dont kno how to spell it) out and then a couple of hours later had my carpets steam cleaned by a pro... which i will have done again in a couple of days! talk about pissed off... i called the street dept. and told em what was up and im debating on if i should take it any further... this was not my fault and someone is gonna pay!
Old 10-21-2005, 09:12 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Ugh. That's what you get for living in that god forsaken state.

LOL

Go get em tiger.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:22 AM

got any bright ideas of how to clean up this mess for sure... its gonna really piss me off if my car starts smellin like friggin sewer or something... i really dont wanna have to buy new carpet!
Old 10-21-2005, 11:41 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon SE

Well, I know that my brother hit the ditch with my parents sunfire fing02.gif and insurance covered the interior cleaning, but the bolts connecting the seat to the floor have since become rusty. just FYI... be careful to clean everything real good and Dry... and get tibby all nice and better
Old 10-21-2005, 02:27 PM

Try not to close the windows all the way so it can air out. I made the mistake one time of leaving my windows down completely one night and then a thunderstorm hit. My car got rained in all night long and even left my cell phone inside to top it off! The following day, I got as much water out of there as I could and left the windows down to air it out...worked well as there was minimal mildew smell.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:10 PM

if you have proof... take it to your insurance agent. I think it might even be covered under home owners or renters insurance if it was parked in your driveway
Old 10-24-2005, 08:59 AM

yea... although, cleaning it out doesnt cost much. my deductible is 250 and i dont think that the price of cleaning even ten times will come to that. my windows will be going down here eventually, my problem is i had to get my front windows re-tinted because of state law and state troopers all over my a**. by sunday i should be able to roll em down and air it out.