Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

First Bernie Mac, Now Isaac Hayes....

Old 08-13-2008, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Pony

lmao.gif

How am I showing disrespect by fortifying the fact that people die every day?

I see there's a LOT of h(n)ate here, but as reason may have it, I don't care. I just got a job offer at a locally renound garage based on my work on my Pony, totally at random. I will take it P/T as I pursue my Masters for the hell of it.. access to welders, hoists... the possibilities are endless! Also, I will be featured in a mag soon, again, totally at random. Because I am awesome, and the things I do are awesome. Including my eventual death.

As for the dead, I will die too someday. Just because I probably won't star as a voice in a stop-animation cartoon or be a comedian doesn't make me (or anyone else) a lesser being. Indeed, where I am going, entertainment is the LAST thing on my mind.

But I guess if we all go by your logic, then the next time someone you know or is close to you dies, we all can sit here and say "who cares."

I didn't know you were so close to these people. I mean, anyone knows these guys, but to really take it to heart indicates to me that there's nothing else in your lives.

There is the fact of tuning motors, yes, I do know my shit. I guess that means nothing, since a 4G64, 4G32, 4G67, and the Beta are totally unrelated... in every way. They do not share the same number of pistons, firing order (except perhaps some rare DOHC 4G32's), method of induction, combustion and exhaust... no no, they're totally different, in fact, SUPERIOR to the Mitsubishi engines I'm accustomed to.

Throw a carby into the mix and we got ourselves somethng TOTALLY different!! lmao.gif

But no, no engine design has progressed LEAPS and bounds since 1975. Yes, yes today's piston is able to detach valence electrons at the atomic level, split them, and use the ensuing chain collapse to attain combustion! lmao.gif

Give me a break.

Or, better yet, dont!
Old 08-14-2008, 06:26 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

The fact that what they did in their lifetime either made us all laugh, or relate to the music produced, means that we DID share something with them. Their products were personal, and the fact that we enjoyed them is personal. So saying "who cares" is an insult to those who DO care.

We don't need to know about your life experience. This is about the ones who have died. Stay on topic.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:20 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

RIP Bernie and Hayes.

And now closed because apparently we all can't be mature in a thread like this.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:37 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (Jed118 @ Aug 13 2008, 04:36 PM)
I don't dream of entertaining people. Compassion for the dead? Did you even know him? Are their families going to come here and read this? You know how many wonderful people die each day that we haven't heard of? If we stopped each time a celeb died and cried about it, we'd have no time for our own lives... speaking of which...

QUOTE (Jed118 @ Aug 13 2008, 11:06 PM)
lmao.gif

How am I showing disrespect by fortifying the fact that people die every day?

I see there's a LOT of h(n)ate here, but as reason may have it, I don't care. I just got a job offer at a locally renound garage based on my work on my Pony, totally at random. I will take it P/T as I pursue my Masters for the hell of it.. access to welders, hoists... the possibilities are endless! Also, I will be featured in a mag soon, again, totally at random. Because I am awesome, and the things I do are awesome. Including my eventual death.

As for the dead, I will die too someday. Just because I probably won't star as a voice in a stop-animation cartoon or be a comedian doesn't make me (or anyone else) a lesser being. Indeed, where I am going, entertainment is the LAST thing on my mind.

I didn't know you were so close to these people. I mean, anyone knows these guys, but to really take it to heart indicates to me that there's nothing else in your lives.

There is the fact of tuning motors, yes, I do know my shit. I guess that means nothing, since a 4G64, 4G32, 4G67, and the Beta are totally unrelated... in every way. They do not share the same number of pistons, firing order (except perhaps some rare DOHC 4G32's), method of induction, combustion and exhaust... no no, they're totally different, in fact, SUPERIOR to the Mitsubishi engines I'm accustomed to.

Throw a carby into the mix and we got ourselves somethng TOTALLY different!! lmao.gif

But no, no engine design has progressed LEAPS and bounds since 1975. Yes, yes today's piston is able to detach valence electrons at the atomic level, split them, and use the ensuing chain collapse to attain combustion! lmao.gif

Give me a break.

Or, better yet, dont!

As I recall Jed, I told you not to post in OT anymore. Ever. About anything.

Both posts are being left here, for context of the thread, you are warned twice, and recieving the proper suspension along with that.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:02 PM

Seriously, who cares.

I care. Hell, I made the first RIP Bernie Mac thread. He was awesome, have you ever seen any of his work?

I see there's a LOT of h(n)ate here

Yeah, you're the one fueling it. You can be such an arrogant prick Jed.

REDZ just do everyone a favor and ban him permanently.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:12 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I would hon, but then I'll get called a nazi, he's working his way there quickly though my dear, no worries.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

shocked.gif eek2.gif

Did not see that coming.

Z- i doubt you would get called that on this one drillsergeant.gif
Old 08-14-2008, 01:29 PM

nah he's still a nazi. lol.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Nah....if you want to see Nazi's, go to NT. nana.gif Redz is an angel compared to them.....haha