Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Finally Got Mine.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Honda

QUOTE (cdogtibby1 @ Apr 5 2006, 02:27 PM)
ill add you guys as soon as i get a chance to get back on... and jvx you bring your best created fighter and ill bring mine... we will just see who dominates

You'll have to give me a little while to get my Xbox back, and I never even created a fighter, all my "skill" comes from beating my friend who also owns the game. I just go over to his house and kill him with my boy, James Toney.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:53 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

360. . . lame.

Redz I'm suprised you just got one now being a lover of Microcrap products. It's been 6 months.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:18 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Lame? How? Quantify your statement child.

I'm not a MS fan, at all, but it's better than the competition. How do you figure I'm a lover of MS? And yes, after 6 months they are still hard to find. I wasn't going out of my way, just walked into best buy and they had a few hundred they just got in.

I'll make a seperate post about it later to laugh at, but look guys.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/04/05/scee-vp-...9-to-599-euros/

PS3 price was slipped out by some dumb french bastard.

600 to 700 bucks.

Enjoy.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:46 AM

im sorry... but i still think that the 360 will dominate the PS3

its taken playstation three times now to get it right...... and it probably still wont be right.

the only thing on the PS3 that i think is even remotely good is the ability to hook up two t.v.'s to one console for multiplayer matchups on seperate screens (if this is even still offered... i read about it a year ago)
Old 04-06-2006, 02:37 PM

Word.

And with MS being able to limit the PS3's Windows connectability (Like they won't slip a few bugs in there), Sony is going on the back burner.

The more I play with my 360, the more I'm addicted. Being able to chat with someone, live voice, while you are in different games or watching a movie.

Good lord.

Not to mention, I LOVE being able to play the music off of my PC onto my 360 while I'm playing a game.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:07 PM

OK Redz, I am not going to argue some people like what others don't I'lla gree to disagree, but my reason will be for me personally. 360 has no multiplayer substance which is what I look for. Yes single player is fine, but I don't enjoy playing with myself (I have a wife for that). I assumed you liked MS as you previously long ago posted you refuse to own Sony product, what other choice is there? So in advance I apologize. Availability?? I could walk into Walmart a couple months ago and grab one of the shelf or just do what todays people do and order it online. Most all companies have hundred in stock waiting to be delivered. Which is what I did in early March.

I have given MS a chance. I own :
--Amped (horrible, quick to beat, nothing impressive graphic or otherwise)
--Blazing Angels (fun as a single player, multiplayer is a circle fight or your dead to even a mediocre player, boring very quick)
--CoD2 - best game still out and it is a release? Still waiting Mr. Gates.
--Ghost Recon - It's good but multiplayer isn't even the same game as single player and is over in a few short levels. Single player plays nothing like multiplayer I give it on OK.
--Oblivion - not bad, but way better for PC which that interface really needs, so I sold it to my friend
-- Madden - all the options were stripped away? half a game? why bother?
--NFS Most Wanted - No graphics better but Rain effect?! Xbox1 plays faster, so it gets no points here.
--Perfect Dark - beat that quick, colors are cool, but couldn't stand on it's own as good if we didn't love the first one. How many games is MS going to hope they can redress HALO! By the way was a Bungie/APPLE! game first for you Mac haters. called Marathon.
--The Outfit - horrible
--Gun - I had fun, but just as good on xbox no reason to own the 360 for same game
--PGR - never liked the game, still don't, can I get something close to GT series

I pray GAW will heal the wounds.

So leaving out PS3 comments and rating the 360 itself, I'm still waiting to see the worth. Oh and yes I played with it on music cds before I tried with games and moving it sideways does leave the noisey making scratch ring around the disc making unplayable later. I give it's credit to wireless controllers, those are the best thing going. Worst thing are the stupid ACHIEVMENTS on your main screen for each game etc, they are so lame just to make you play a game more than you could dread to torture yourself. Oh and the Heat issue after 5 hours of play, cuz I could play 10 hours straight (if 360 let me) on my days off if the game is worth it.
So that's why I don't like the 360, we actually have been playing every old system in between game releases for 360 since we get bored so fast hoping the next one lasts a couple weeks. smile.gif
Old 04-06-2006, 10:10 PM

I personally think the strongest point of the 360 is the multiplayer and the connectivity. Single player games, anymore, are to teach you how to play the multiplayer.

Just the way I see it.

I think GRAW is one of the best games I've EVER played. And BF2 MC looks so good and the gameplay online is second to none. It got me off of Halo 2, that's for sure.

The controllers are butta, I just like everything about it.

Just to let you know, I used to be very anti MS, I still don't like some of their practices or the fact that they put out software with tons of bugs in it, but Sony wronged me some time ago. I owned a few CD players, a few TV's, a few other items, and they dont' stand behind any of it. I also can't stand the PS controllers at all. I've hated them forever.

I was a sega guy BTW.

The OUtfit IS gay, I played it, and agree. Most of the others though, I think are fantastic.

Full Auto wasn't GREAT, but wasn't bad. For racing, I go for Forza (Killed GT in my opinion), and Burnout. I've been a burnout fan since #2.

As for GETTING a 360, it's still VERY hard to get one. Most of the ones in any store are the Core version. Look around online, you can order them but in HUGE 900 dollar bundles.

No thanks.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:21 AM

Werd, I hear you and I also loved my Sega. I bought my 360 online, just under $400 bucks and the ability the pick what games I wanted to get with it, then added all wireless controllers. I am glad you like the multiplayer functions, but I have yet to feel like I've seen a good one. Xbox does have great multiplayers, I'm not hating on Microsoft, but they have yet to even be on the same level as their own previous system for 360 in these regards so it's not better, just a money gimmick so far to have a new system. GRAW is ONLY good in first person in my opinion. If your stillplaying HALO, man your definitly lacking on tryin gnew things or many things often. I never understood why people continued to play a game where after you got to the point of owning an entire group of people you got bored so fast. I beat games and I move on. If I own it, I have to finish it for the next thing to come out. There is a Forza/GT deviding line, but I like GT. Those that don't like Forza. Full outa is very lacking for what I expected so I opted not to buy it after I played it.

BF (any one) is also available for PC so I can't credit Microsoft(or any console) for something I play online on my PC that OWNS any console system. Usually the game is 10 x better, graphics, player handling, support, smokin computer loads or lack there of, menu and option content not to mention number of users. PC users are usually more witty, older crowd and deviously good and dedicated. I hate consoles onlie sometimes due to KIDS all over. No comparison of console to PC. . . yet. Someday.
Burnout is a GREAT Series. Kudos!

I def. understand where your coming from on the Sony support of TV's etc, I guess then I never will back a company as much as which product they do well. Sont like every company does good things and bad things. We may own a Hyundai car or even Mitsubishi rides in the past, but I don't think I'd look twice at a computer monitor, TV or any other such home piece from either.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:57 AM

Vehicle: Honda

Yeah, I think everything I own that could be Sony is Sony, except my TV.

I should get my Box back today or tomorrow. Then it's on suckas.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:00 AM

I don't play PC games anymore for a few reasons.

1. Cheating. Cheating is HORRIBLE on PC games.

2. Advantage. Wow, he can afford a $5,000 video card, now he can play better because he can see farther.

3. Controls. Everyone has different layouts, different programs doing different things, different controllers.

At least Console games are more even all around, tend to be much less buggy, and cheating isn't as much of a factor.