Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Ferguson, MO

Old 08-15-2014, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Ferguson, MO

What do you all think of what's going on in Ferguson? There are so many conflicting stories, who knows what the real one is. And now police are saying they kid was a main suspect in a robbery before he was shot. One side is saying he was reaching for the cops gun, the other side is saying he was no where near the cop and had had his arms up, before being shot 8 times.

I do think its messed up how members of the press are getting arrested and had tear gas fired on them. The cops are acting like members of the military now and have over stepped boundaries. But its probably because they're so paranoid due to all the riots and looting happening now.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

The police overreacted but so did the "protesters" so that's a fail-fail

The only *known* non-police eyewitness was the criminal in a violent robbery and the dead guy was an accomplice. Allegedly. The press knew this from at least a day ago and waited until the Police brought the information out - ask yourself why. The other eyewitness is a card-carrying Good Guy policeman, who claims he was attacked by a huge man in his own patrol car. You tell me which witness is more reliable.

Any way you look at it and whatever happened, it's a bad deal. I hope at the very least it spurs more police departments around the country to spend their armored personnel carrier budgets on body cameras for beat cops instead of military hardware the State National Guard units already HAVE if there's a legit need for them.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

[media]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=464_1408123040[/media]

Just sayin'
Old 08-29-2014, 03:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

looks like a felony to me