Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Favorite Type of Racing

Old 10-20-2004, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: FS: Angel Eyes and lighting, Last Chance Sale of haloz.

Just wondering what everybody likes.

Personaly I HATE nascar
I LOVE WRC and GT racing because they actually require skill, im not saying nascar is easy but they just go around in a circle really fast i think that Rally racing is the sweetest thing ever and definantly requires the most skill. Drifting is cool too.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:29 PM

Default Re: FS : Tibbychicks Garage sale (new stuff) UPDATED 10/17

illegal street racing...LOL...
Old 10-20-2004, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Need assistance with my SAFCII

QUOTE (CyberShark)
illegal street racing...LOL...

highway is fun when no one is around except you and the ricer
Old 10-20-2004, 08:57 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: another project

WRC 1972-2002 R.I.P. real rally racing...

1999 Hyundai Coupe Formula 2 Evolution 2 AlisterMcRae/DavidSenior KennethErikkson/StafanParamander; Hyundai F2 WRC team are tied with Renault Megane Coupe F2 at the last rally (Great Britain) of the 1999 World Championship. Hyundai has 99 points. Renault has 102 points. If Hyundai wins this rally (which it was looking like it), it would have to win the last leg of Rally GB and have been crowned the Formula 2 World Title. On the last stage of the last leg of the last rally of season of the the last few kilometeres from the finish line, McRae suffers a blown engine. Renault snatches the World title of 1999.

WRC 2003+ is flipflopped. These following changes applied in 2003+:
The rules are stupid. Some of the cars are stupid. Regulations are made to reduce costs of running a programme by half. Night stages have been eliminated. No Hyundai. No SEAT. Mitsubishi looks like ass. Solberg and Loeb are main attractions--it's one or the other winning the title...over and over again. No Juha Kankkunen. No Tommi Makinen. No Colin McRae. No 206, but instead, replaced by the hideous 307. They are taking away turbos. If the car retires, they are able to get back in the rally but lose 5 mins. :roll: Stages are too short, and even, at times looped. No Portugal. No historic Safari Kenya. No historic San Remo, Italy. Too many gravel stages--no multi-surface. No numbers on doors, instead, hideous yellow stickers on the windows. No co-driver names on the windows. I mean for Chrissake, if you're gona do all that then you might as well cut off WRC's balls and eliminate the oldest event in rally history, Monte Carlo! To summerize this; WRC got its steel ballz welded off...
Old 10-20-2004, 09:04 PM

Default Re: Insomniac Thread

Yea the new rules suck except it might bring in other manufactures with the elimination of turbos which i dont know if that will be a good thing or bad i guess we will see. BTW isnt hyundai planning on getting back in it I thought i read somewhere they were, like 2007 or something?
Old 10-20-2004, 09:25 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: FS: Club GTR sideskirts/rear pods

very true, however, it might bring in manufacturers who don't need the rep.

and hyundai is returning in late 2006 (testing) and early 2007 with a brand new machine, however, what a bad time to do this. the f.i.a. has gone nuts so it won't be a real challenge nor real competition any longer. it will be just cars driving back and fourth, over and over again, gravel gravel gravel...

have you also noticed that the quickest rally drivers don't even drift anymore? they just cut the corners (like f1 or touring) to the widest possible angles just to save tires?

they will eliminate turbos and reduce the horseopower down to the 200's "for safety" issues. the 200's are where the Formula 2's are! C'mon!

Also, they shut down the recce system (pre-event shakedown). so the drivers will be on those tracks for the very first time. how exactly is that safe?

to make matters worse, they are regulating the team cars. the companies will have to have their transmission boxes locked up in a box not to be opened up by the mechanics. and the key will only be available through special officials--meaning, the cars will have to be built up out of top quality and made to run without internal problems all season. Why!?!?! aren't the cars to the best of quality anyways? on top of that, to fix a problem, and the box should be opened, the team will not be eligable to earn points for that stage. how stupid is that!?! count me out. cars are cars. if they break down and retire, that means you retired. look it up in the dictionary. you can't "un-retire". how do i know all this? because i was at the forums when all these rules were announced for 2005.

have yourself a look in the wrc.com photo gallery. i'll bet you you won't see much of the black stuff...
Old 10-20-2004, 09:36 PM

So very true, yea ive noticed the driving styles have changed i love seeing all the old video clips. I also agree with the retireing its total BS.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:50 PM

Default Re: 2.25in exaust w/ turbo?

The FIA is really doing their best to kill both WRC and Formula 1. I'm not sure if anyone follows F1 here, but the rule changes have been equally ridiculous. They are also cutting beautiful tracks like Spa and Silverstone to run in money-laden places like Dubai and Shanghai :roll:

These are dark days for racing, no matter what kind you follow.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:35 PM

Default Re: FS: Custom COLORED Shift Boots!

love drag racing!!!!
Old 10-20-2004, 10:45 PM

drag is fun, but tight corners are good too, but drag takes it