Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Faiths Screwed Luck Story Post

Old 12-21-2005 | 07:15 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

well i think ill try to do this every once and a while since stupid crap happens to me all the time

here is a classic

i was on my way to el paso (las cruces to be exact but more people know el paso) and in a little town called socorro i got pulled over doing 95 i admit i was doing more but he gave me a brake and only put 95(was more like 117...fiance(now wife) was in the E room) i decided to take it to court since i hadnt had a ticket in 3 years besides socorro is only 50 miles away why should i pay 300 for a ticket(more or less) so i made a court date

on the court date i drive down to socorro (i took a half day off work) i get there and they tell me they rescheduled my date didnt i get the letter? i drive back to ABQ and check my mail box...and it was there

i lost that letter and decided to call to see what day my date was they said "thursday the 22" so in my way to remember i said thats next thursday and i forgot about the 22nd part so i showed up on thursday to go to court now i didnt wanna go alone like i did the last time so i had my roommate go with me

i get to socorro and say im here for my court appearance

clerk after lookin for my record for a hour finds out i was scheduled for the 22nd which was TUESDAY 2 days before so now im like b**** told me the wrong day of the week so now im givin my roommate my debit card and keys quickly before they send me to jail for failure to appear so he can bail me out

but the clerk goes back into the records and finds out they scheduled another person WITH MY SAME NAME what is the odds of that schedule 2 guys with the same name that were pulled over by the same cop

so when the judge saw that he thought it was a typo (since the other David showed up) and the cop never showed so he dropped the charges on both cases

so now im off scott free no jail no nothin so im like awesome!!!! then i pull into albuquerque and get pulled over for a busted tail light..... owned.gif
Old 12-21-2005 | 07:21 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

LOL, when it rains it pours. I am sure the ticket for the busted taillight is less than the speeding one though right? fing02.gif
Old 12-21-2005 | 07:24 PM

yes but the cycle continues....i ended up just payin it

then there was the time i got 4 tickets from 4 different cops on the same day

its like they were following me

plus everyone read the story about be gettin tied up on the side of the road by a cop right?
Old 12-21-2005 | 07:24 PM

Well, at least you didn't have to go to jail. wink1.gif
Old 12-21-2005 | 07:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

cool.gif
Old 12-21-2005 | 07:38 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

HAHA ohhh man... how funny is that!!! What a coincidence! The odds of that are close to none you know...

Happy to hear the good ending. And especially the last part when you got pulled over for a taillight. oh brother.
Old 12-21-2005 | 07:50 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

well i would say u just have bad luck.... but it happens to you more then normal.

maybe its karma or the old saying what goes around comes around.

i'll explain....... u do this= poke.gif this happens to you= twak.gif
Old 12-21-2005 | 07:54 PM

mang i RARELY do things that would have that sayin come back to me

seriously ask those who know me i try to stay out of trouble
Old 12-21-2005 | 09:19 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

lmao...

and 95 mph is only $300 ticket? what was the speed limit? 75?

i'm used to 55 mph speed limits. you guys are spoiled
Old 12-21-2005 | 09:44 PM

75mph

i was in the middle of NOWHERE seriously probably not a house for about 20 miles in any direction