Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Fahrenheit 9/11

Old 06-28-2004, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Majik, I do watch fox news, have been since 2000.

I don't think that you understood what I said. The majority of news is slanted left (liberal). Fox News is as balanced as it can really get. When clean2k1shark said that Moore mushes things as much as the regular media does, just to the other side, I didn't agree. I feel that most of the news is liberal slanted, and Moore is even further to the left than that. Any of the mainstream news media that I read or watch (outside of FNews) is very liberal, and it is fairly disgusting. I am sick of the media trying to put a liberal spin on things when they could just report the truth.

I don't know what the soldiers in Moore's movie said, but I can reasonably assume that he found soldiers that were disagreeing with the current course of the country. I was saying that for each soldier he found that did not approve of the current plan, there were countless more who did agree with what we are doing.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I understand what you mean. You had mentioned the major networks and the liberal slants, I just wanted to make sure you were aware of Fox News. S'all good laugh.gif
Old 06-28-2004, 09:46 PM

ok well.. i didnt want to say anything on it but i must...

first.. clinton is and was a draft dodger, a woman-izer, on the day of his impeachment he bombs a country to draw off his attention. i mean come on now... what a wuss... and his wife ran the country. very smart lady.. and he and gore had bin ladin in un custody and they let him go... anyone remember that one????
i have more but i cant say it right now... for some reason the Lord is holding me back... but yes go and vote... men and women fought for our rights so that we can vote... that is how and why we are free. If you dont like it, leave we dont need you and niether does the UNITED States of America. and if you are from canada and are posting about not liking what is goin on... you can post but just remember the next time canada needs help or aid from something... remember that our troops will be there...
Old 06-28-2004, 10:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,124079,00.html

It's nice to know SOME media centers are pointing out the holes.

Michael Moore is a communist. He's a bastard, and he's good at spinning a story.

Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11" broke records this weekend, becoming the first documentary to debut as Hollywood's top weekend film — but there are holes in the controversial film's story.

For instance, in one often-showed clip, Moore claims that President Bush was on vacation 42 percent of the time during his first several months in office — but that estimation included weekends at Camp David, a common practice for presidents. Without those days figured in, Bush actually spent 13 percent of his time on vacation.

The movie also criticizes Bush for staying inside a Florida classroom full of kids for a full seven minutes after he learned that the country was under attack on Sept. 11, 2001.

However, the vice chairman of the Sept. 11 commission has said that Bush did the right thing. "Bush made the right decision in remaining calm, in not rushing out of the classroom," said Lee Hamilton, a former Democratic congressman from Indiana.

In "Fahrenheit 9/11" Moore also claims that the White House approved plans for planes to pick up relatives of Usama Bin Laden right after the attacks. But according to terrorism czar Richard Clarke, he alone approved the Saudi flights.

In addition, Moore says that the departing Saudis were not properly processed by the FBI when leaving the country. That too is contradicted by the Sept. 11 commission, which said the Saudis were properly interviewed.

Finally, Moore shows prominent members of the Taliban visiting Texas, implying that they were invited by then-Governor Bush. The Taliban delegation, however, was invited to Houston by UNOCAL, a California energy company.

Moore also doesn't mention that the visit was made with the permission of the Clinton administration, which twice met with Taliban members — in 1997 and 1998.

There is also a video about this on the same page.
Old 07-03-2004, 05:24 PM

There is a good book out on Michael Moore entitled "Michael Moore is a Big Fat Stupid White Man". My friend brought it to my attention and actualyl bought it. It basically talks about Moore and how many of the points and accusations he makes are well......wrong. So if anyone wants some good reading on how bad Moore really is, pick it up.
Old 07-03-2004, 05:52 PM

i saw his movie yesterday. i enjoyed it. and i might go see it again. and when it comes out im going to buy it. and ill stick it on my dvd shelf right beside "bowling for columbine", which in my opinion was a lot better.

as for his arguements, guarenteed not every single one of his points are completely legit, but im sure some of his points are. maybe some of you have to realize that everybody,(even the president) can have alternate motives.

but we will probably never ever know, so whats the point of beating a dead horse?.... when everybody's in the afterlife then ill say my "i-told-you-so's", till then im just gonna wait till the earth goes to shit and everyone dies.