Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Fahrenheit 9/11

Old 06-24-2004, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Comment Edited from above post. Love Canadians, they make good beer and defend our northern border for us. lol.gif

oh god.................................... he said it... not me

this is about to get bad........ redz you may need to think about lockin this dude......
Old 06-24-2004, 10:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Very well put everyone, on both sides.

Something for everyone to think about here...

September 11th, 2001. A sitting president, with one of the highest popularity and approval ratings ever in the first 100 days, is faced with an attack on CIVILIANS in the US by a foreign entity. This has never happened before.

September 11th, 2001. A very HIGHLY coordinated attack, one that took years of planning and training, designed to cut our nations throat and make us into an anarchist society, simultaneously cutting the head off of our financial sector, attacking our Military head (Pentagon, remember, the French still have a majority that think 9/11 was made up), and even going for the White House to decapitate our leadership, FAILED!!! No other president has ever had to deal with anything CLOSE to what happened that day, and the following months. Anthrax, smaller bombings around the world, ever. We lost more folks in those few hours than we did in Pearl Harbor. President Bush made a decision, to go after these f***ers in their own countries, on their own land, in their own back yards. Knowing doing so could very well mean many more US deaths, and the end of his presidency. Did he pause? Did he wait with his finger on the safety?

No. He did what the US asked. What the US demanded. He told ALL of us in public statements that although we didn't know for sure who did it, we would get them, we would bring them all to justice. He told us it wouldn't be quick, like Clinton/Gore made us think wars were, he told us it would be difficult (Bush well knew the shameful shape of the US military and their lack of proper equipment thanks to the teardown of the Military to pay off the deficit), and he told us we would win.

We are.

Michael Moore is a wanna bee media head. He's riding the popular anti-opinion and making his own news.

World War 1 = How many countries involved? Went on for 6 years, millions dead all around, the US lost 50,585 troops.

World War 2 = How many in this one? Went on for 6 years also, 400,000 US Troops dead.

Korea = 34,000 US dead, everyone involved. 4 years.

Vietnam = US loses 58,000 soldiers, 6 years.

Operation Enduring Freedom = 3.5 years, US almost 1,000 dead.

As for the economy, get a grip. The Dow is back up to where it was before the attacks, the whole country is doing well. More folks have homes now than ever, jobs are easy to get and the jobless rate is dropping fast.

Again, if you look for negativity, you'll find it. If you look to be a positive minded individual, you can be.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:36 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

i told paperstsoapco in IM that what he said wasn't called for....but not to erase it. thats his opinion...i just find it TOO off topic

don't lock this (YET).

everything REDZ just said is what i want all the doubters out there to realize. a President is in office to serve and protect. he is serving us by doing what we wanted. it's just the results didn't come quick enough so some american's don't agree with it. he's protecting us by one: getting Hussein outta office, and by constantly getting Bin Laden's croney's either killed or prosecuted.

this election will be my first (i was 17 during the last one). you betta believe i'm doing what i feel is best for this country. stickin by OUR president

thank you and goodnight
Old 06-24-2004, 10:39 PM

Folks need to understand, Bin Laden is dead.

Everyone's like 'Where is the body?'

Java, tell these guys what a 2,000 pound bomb does to a human body.

Bin Laden Jelly anyone?
Old 06-24-2004, 10:40 PM

ya damn fvckin right........ this is why we vote guys..... this is why we are a democracy...... this is why America is a good god damn place to live and this is why every car in my town has yellow ribbons on the antennas. we have our right to vote... we pick the best man... he is our sole leader and protector and that is why he is there... because we put him there. i dont have anything else to say......
Old 06-24-2004, 10:58 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

you guys are kinda making me wanna go vote for bush...LOL

seriously, i HATE politics and think people who sit at home and do nothing but watch the shit are morons. but i got idiots at my work that do nothing but talk shit about the bush. never focus on anything positive he does. turns out, i also hate these co-workers as people, so i think i might just get off my lazy ass and vote for bush, just to spite them.

*NOTE* i like bush better, i just wasnt planning on voting; spite is whats getting me to vote, it is not affecting my decision of who would be the better president.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:03 PM

Vote.

It's your only voice.

It's what I signed up for 11 years to get you the right to do.

VOTE!!

No matter what side you are on, VOTE! It's still the US, we are still all family.

VOTE!!!

Imagine if all the folks that could vote DID vote?!?!
Old 06-24-2004, 11:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

well, i feel that if one isnt educated enough on a subject, they shouldnt have any part of the final decision.

see, and this all brings me back to the reason i hate politics the most. they all lie. ALL. its all about fishing through the lies to see which one's lies are the least severe. the whole clinton scandal, the same dipshit co-workers were saying "he did what every other guy would."

it made me furious because of the two following reasons:

1. he is not every other guy. he is our president. i'd hope that entails character higher than that of most other guys.

2. he lied. simply put, you make a mistake, you fess the f*** up. i hold average people to that line. if you dont have the balls, get the hell outta the white house; you sure as hell dont belong there.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:41 PM

Vehicle: Honda

I vote.

I will see this movie, more than likely tomorrow. I personally think Mr. Moore is interesting.

As far as this country goes, we have a president who didn't have the majority of the votes.

cjme2002 - After 9/11 my brother and I had a conversation about "what do we do now?" He said bomb them, as quickly and as many bombs as possible. I said, on September 12th, we should meet with the UN and find the best possible solution, just blowing up the middle east solves nothing and will kill innocent people. So not EVERYONE wanted to blow up the f***ers.

tibby01 - Vote. I don't care if it's for Bush, but vote. Votes DO count. Also, maybe you might not like the "big two" candidates, there are other parties out there.[/url]
Old 06-25-2004, 12:19 AM

Regardless of what Michael Moore has to say (I find him really interesting, but he often doesn't take the questions far enough and is very manipulative it the way he presents things), Iraq has nothing to do with the war on terrorism. It was simply an easy target - a bad guy that the States didn't take out when it had the chance and would be a relatively easy fight. Iraq was a way to lash out over the events of Sept. 11 in a public and dramatic way. The real war on terror is taking place with special forces units that we never hear about. And yes, Canada has contributed to this fight in Afghanistan (with our own special forces units, among other things). As a Canadian, I fully support the war on terrorism, however I do not support the war on Iraq, because it has nothing to do with it.