Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

F&f4 Has A Tiburon Again

Old 03-21-2008 | 01:35 PM

I like the way it looks too. That's why I bought it. Kyle went all out on the paint. It's different I guess that's what so great about it. It's one of a kind. And it has little (sparkly's) in it I know that sounds stupid but I dont know how else to put it. It's actually a very nice car. I got a total of 730 miles on it now.
Tiburon
Old 03-21-2008 | 02:20 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Green car is nice, but needs to be more subtle. Needs to look more like red Ferrari made in Italy rather than back of best buy.

As for movie. More clips of colorful plastic & chrome rapper rubbish. We need an artistic marvel of a movie made by true enthusiasts and good writers/producers/directors. Leave the rice crap out, too much as is. Include only classy cars and recreate the chase scene from "Ronin" and not some more lame bling bling ricer fanboy garbage.

But I'm always wrong... "this is the new era" blah.
Old 03-21-2008 | 02:58 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (DeAnne @ Mar 21 2008, 11:54 AM)
As far as stock it's not. But the car was built basicaly for show. Sema of course. Hyundai comssion's a friend of ours to build cars every year for Sema.
As far as the script goes, this movie is set before Tokyo Drift. Paul Walker is FBI Vin Deisel has been hidding out in South America. Letty , Vinn's Girlfriend from the first movie was killed by a drug dealer, (the video on the net was of the funerel) Anyways Vinn comes back and him and Paul basicly they team up and go after her killer. Lots of action. And a good plot. All four of the main charcters from the first movie are back. And Hahn from Tokyo Drift is also in a few shots. Like I said it was set before Tokyo Drift.

Well, you deserve a very rare apology from me Deanne. Only for my comments of STOCK, but for nothing else. LOL I saw it had an intake, and a strut bar, but why would you keep those god awful engine covers in there when it's got a SUPERCHARGER and NAWWZZ???!?!?!? (Danger to teh Manifold!) Honestly, if you hadn't said something and put up that pic, I would never have taken a closer look at this one.

In my humble opinion, I'd say take off the engine cover crap, put some SHINEY in the engine bay, and advertize it as more than just a convertable, like a fully built SC'd GK Tiburon.

BTW, what do you guys do when it rains?

If you want, I can send you a picture of the poster in my office to prove I'm not bullshitting. LOL

How many scenes is the tib in F&F&F&F 4?

QUOTE (Supercow @ Mar 21 2008, 12:07 PM)
very cool. I'm not a huge f&f fan or a fan of the show scene but thanks for posting the info here. Redz is like a bouncer, he does a little intimidation when you first get here and does alot to make this forum as nice as it is, not an easy task. Really though I like the way that tib looks I like green as well. I'm not a big convertible fan but it should be pretty quick with the supercharger there. Why wasn't that mentioned in the f/s thread?

btw, redz is.... abrasive to say the least. nana.gif But once you get past that he's just a simple man, a spongebob molesting dirty old simple man to be exact. Said in the most respectful way of course. fing02.gif It just redz way, how many people do you know who answer the phone, "hey, douchebag!"? All I know is it has to be too few... or too many, which ever one ends up with no one calling you a douchebag, thats the one.

edit: dang, I need to save something for the 30k post whore party!

I don't know what to say...

Thanks? offtopic.gif drillsergeant.gif owned.gif

Exactly what I'm talking about. You advertize it as a convertable Tiburon with low miles, and show pics of a fully covered engine bay and too much stereo equipment, but you don't advertize that the damned thing is supercharged?!?!?

Hell, I almost want to buy it now.
Old 03-22-2008 | 12:00 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon Fx

I'd have to agree with Redz on this one... lose the ugly plastic covers in the engine bay. Its an engine bay, why the heck do you have painted plastic covering up nice shiny metal things!?

On the colors scheme... the pattern is really good. Just purple was a horrible choice to paint with... some sort of muted gold instead would made this car freakin' beautiful...

On a note to Supercow... my brother answers his phone "Hey douchebag" as well!

Oh and tint those tail lights! That would like heaps better as well!
Old 03-23-2008 | 09:18 AM

The car is only going to be in a couple of scene's. And the reason the plastic's are there is because that's how we bought it. The car is super charged but the NOS system was removed. And as far as the rain we don't take it out in the rain. It only got 750 miles on it. I guess you could call it my husband's Sunday driver. It's stay's under lock and key most of the time. It's not a practical car by any means. It's just one of the cars you buy just because you can. Not because you need a new car to drive back and forth to work.
I will agree with you it's got way to much stereo equioment. And it is basicly a show car. It has no practicality to it what so ever. But I can tell you if your wanting attention you will get it in this car, no matter where we take it people stare. When we took it to Long beach for the filmimg they had the police there to keep the freaks away. One officer took about 20 picture's of it. He said quote. "Man there's nothing legal about this car. I love it! I would pull you over just to look at it."
Old 03-23-2008 | 12:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

It's just about 12 10mm bolts to get that plastic all off.

LOL

I've helped about 6 GK owners take it off now.

Anyways, how much is it going for these days?
Old 03-23-2008 | 07:15 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Well, i may just go and watch this movie in the theaters, for a few reasons

reasons 1 is the fact the plot sounds pretty good, people who hated the others are praising this script.

reasons 2 & 3 are the 2 hyundais in the movie.

I want to see how everybody reacts when the genesis coupe goes on screen. Cuz they wont know what it is...

Old 03-23-2008 | 07:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

And it will actually tie in Tokyo drift in a way which is kinda neat I think. It will actually make sense why Vin Diesel was even in the movie. Whens it coming out anyway?

And as for Genesis aftermarket, its going to be amazing I think!
Old 03-23-2008 | 07:24 PM

You know, the car is growing on me. I don't normally like over the top bright show cars like this, but it looks like quality work and effort was put into it. I like it the way it is. Very cool. It's like a hot wheels car.
Old 03-24-2008 | 11:36 AM

Ha that's funny, now that you say that it does kinda look like a hot wheels car.
And we want 25,000 for it. My husband buys a new toy every couple of years than get's bored with it.