Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

F-16 Went Down In Iraq Today

Old 11-29-2006 | 02:10 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

that's terrible. where on earth do insurgents get this kind of technology to be so accurate. why can't america understand that they still get their weapons from surrounding countries wanting business. my first guess would be russia as the number one source, maybe kazakhstan, maybe iran and syria, egypt you name it after that.

if you've been to a russian black market, you'd know that they mean business. israel probably gets their weapons from america. either way, they're still strong and the only way to stop them would be to take away their source. i don't know what's so difficult about understanding to seal off iraqi and afghan boarders, put some snipers and missle bases around there. if they don't secure the boarders (especially the mountains) insurgents will just keep coming and coming.

poor pilots, i hope if they survived they ran to safety upon ejection. if not, then i hope they went down with the plane. if the one pilot survived, may he go quick. i remember seeing the helicopter crash footage and they shot the only survivor who was in so much pain he told them he couldn't get up.

i really hope the government realizes that they need to develop some better technology like unmanned aircraft and use it more often. how difficult would it be to create decoys so when insurgents fire at them they reveal themselves? that's the one thing Hitler did right was develop technology before and during the world war II. we're not developing anything new, we're just altering things a little.
Old 11-30-2006 | 12:13 AM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX

QUOTE (BrakeRP @ Nov 29 2006, 08:42 PM)
She was a 332nd bird out of Balad. Pilot was maj Troy Gilbert of the 309th from Luke. Only other info I can really pass is that the pilot has not been found, and the crash site was covered with people in minutes of impact.

Negative sir, it was from the 524th out of Cannon. The "Hounds of Heaven"