Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

explain your name...

Old 04-08-2003 | 04:06 AM

coupe because everyone on fxtreme was tib this and tib that, and 2k because i'm an unoriginal bastard who thought 2k would still be cool now suicide
Old 04-08-2003 | 04:34 AM

8 years ago I used to play a tabletop game, WH40k. It's from there... more or less. And the 'e' is silent.

[ April 08, 2003, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: Kharne ]
Old 04-08-2003 | 04:46 AM

RedShark cuz i have a red tib rolleyes.gif
Old 04-08-2003 | 04:57 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Please pardon me while I live up to my sig, and my name.

'Random' comes from a book series (sort of). The book series is "The chronicles of Amber" by the late Roger Zelazny.

About 15 years ago, a group of my friends an I were discussing the books, specifically, the various characters names. There are many unusual character names in the book, but not really any stranger than most fantasy novels/series. Except one. The character's name is "RANDOM".

In discussing it with my friends, I thought it was a stupid name for a person/character. An event can be 'random', an action can be 'random'....but a person isn't 'random'.

The group disagreed with me. They thought that the definition of the word fit me so well...they started calling ME "Random" (I think partly just to spite me!).

In the end, I accepted it as a nickname, and as a 'definition' of my character. And its been that way ever since.
Old 04-08-2003 | 05:27 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

I used to be cdchase (my first and middle initials and last name) but I wanted something a little better for a new e-mail address. I came up with stickshift, which I thought was a good e-mail handle for someone like me who has cars on the brain ALL the time.
I decided to keep things simple and use one name for every forum I read too, hence stickshift was born.
Old 04-08-2003 | 05:33 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

My fans ask me this alot...

lol

Anyways, my last name is Zimmerman and I've been called ZMAN or Zim for most of my life (My birth name is Thrasher belive it or not, but Mom remarried). I used to use ZMAN on everything but as I got around the internet I found that alot of sites allready had one. I needed something a bit more personal.

I tried using ZSTUD for awhile, but that got all kinds of flack from everything. I knew I'd be an internet whore for life so I needed a non sexual name.

I'm member # 2 of one of the largest Redhead Clubs in the world, Realm Of Redheads and an avid Redhead Rights supporter. Heh heh...

RED ZMAN.

And since when is a Mortician a 911 call? REDZ --> poke <-- Dead Body
Old 04-08-2003 | 05:58 AM

about 10 years ago i was visiting boston, and there was a band poster (photocopied and real cheesey) for a band called Spune. I started thinking of different ways to spell other utensils... nief... then phorq. it sorta stuck, and i've been phorq at nearly everything i've ever signed up for on the net, aol.com, mail.com, email.com, yahoo.com, excite.com... heck, i even own phorq.com.

biggest problem: people thinking it means F.U. (Phor Que) which is also why i can't get it as a Vanity Plate for my car.

[ April 08, 2003, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: phorq ]
Old 04-08-2003 | 06:20 AM

Vehicle: 2005 MINI Cooper S

Well, a Zaibatsu is...

NOUN: Inflected forms: pl. zaibatsu
1. A powerful family-controlled commercial combine of Japan. 2. A Japanese conglomerate or cartel

...basically a Japanese mafia. I just kind of ran across the word and knew what it meant so I used it. As for JVX, Honda had created a concept car before the Insight came out that had a 3 cylinder engine and an electric engine. It's name was the "Honda JVX" The styling was pretty cool, and it was the offspring of the old CRX, which remains my favorite car ever made.

Now if we could ever find out why Sam is Boogyman... dunno

[ April 08, 2003, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: Zaibatsu JVX ]
Old 04-08-2003 | 06:49 AM

Hootie....

Nickname I was given by my Chief at the fire department because he couldn't remember my first name but "I looked like that black guy from Hootie and the Blowfish."

Old 04-08-2003 | 07:46 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

all brace yourselves for the story of a life time. One day little christopher was on the internet. He came across HP.com When chris was asked to make up a nickname, he thought long and hard and tried to squeeze every last drop of imagination into this name. Chris thought to himself, hmm I can actually modify that black tiburon?

That's it what'd you think. About as creative a story as my damn name, I should have taken it a step further and been "CHRIS'BLACK97TIBURON"