Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Ever seen road rage happen in front of you?

Old 09-19-2011, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Elantra
Default Ever seen road rage happen in front of you?

On my way back from lunch I was at a stop light with 2 cars in front of me. Guy gets out of his car (he was the first one), walks back and starts screaming at the lady who was in front of me. He was waving his arms, swearing, and just being a complete douche in public. She had her window all the way up and I could see she was scared and not sure what the guy was going to do. I honked my horn, trying to get the guy to get back in his car and go. He looked at me, flipped me the bird, said a few more explicitives to her, and walked back to his car and drove away. The lady pulled forward and then off the side of the road. As I drove by her, you could see she was crying and on her cell phone.

Not sure what happened or if they even knew each other, but the other guy was an a**hole for getting out of his car like that and going off on her. He's lucky she didnt pepper spray him or pull a gun.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

But, it's also hard to tell what she may have done to set that off. Maybe nothing. Maybe she ran him off the road into a curb not paying attention. While I don't agree with getting out and screaming at someone, she may have been deserving of it.

Yeah, I've witnessed plenty of road rage, and been involved in a few incidents myself on both sides of it.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I wouldn't say I've had road rage, but I have done some whack stuff when I was younger. A pr*ck cut me off nearly causing accident, so I got upset pulled in front and blocked him in on the interstate. Figured he wasted my time so I'd waste his. At that point he wanted to fight. I'll never do that again though, he could have had a gun and you can't gain or teach anyone anything.

I have heard some stuff go down though. A student yelled his butt off at a driver that didn't stop. Rule of thumb, ALWAYS stop for students on campus.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Originally Posted by kromez
On my way back from lunch I was at a stop light with 2 cars in front of me. Guy gets out of his car (he was the first one), walks back and starts screaming at the lady who was in front of me.

At this point, in her position, my little friend is making an appearance if there's no room to drive away. This is +1 reason to leave a gap between your car and the one in front when you pull up to a stop: escape route. Drive away from them if the person is empty-handed or run right the F over somebody coming with something in their hands (bat/gun/golf club/knife/whatever)