Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Ecirkit Promo By Loneshark

Old 11-28-2007 | 07:25 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

QUOTE (radu_rd2 @ Nov 28 2007, 08:44 AM)
I think it's one of those new internet-based "web operating systems", you have everything in a browser window, but it's a lot more powerful than a regular web site, you can move windows around and do all kinds of stuff..

Other examples of things like this are: EyeOS, YouOS, or G.ho.st

yup thats pretty much it ! its like a p2p networking site that has the look and feel and your own desktop, but is has sweet things like, a web browser on the site, and also a p2p file transfer system (a vault), which is pretty sweet !

QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ Nov 28 2007, 09:00 AM)
you want a critique of the editing?

Honestly, it was TOO long. I would say by half. Sorry, but I know I lost interest after the first lull in the music. I am sure others would too.

You also set the vid to music with a hard beat, not a bad thing, but you need to keep your cuts to that beat if you do. It makes everything seem to flow better and it sets up an unconscious expectation with the viewer to wait to see what happens on the next cut/beat. I am NOT saying you need to make a cut every beat, just keep them on the beat when you make them.

Expectation is the key. People want to be surprised and then thrilled by what they see, it keeps their enthusiasim and interest.

I did like your cuts, expecially the "unstable" ones where the image moved a bit almost from frame to frame, the over all theme and image of your video is good, just needs some fine tuning. Take that for what it is worth, I went to school to be a videoeditor and have done it for years both non-linier, linier, and even with celluloid.

haaha, thanks man, i know its long, its like a commercial before it goes to the chopping block. I wanted it to be long.
the first half was done from my boy kilnjox, and the second was my footage, and editing. but the whole thing was recorded by me using a screen capture app.
thanks for the inputs, also up there on my youtube is this vid chopped down to 30 seconds.

check this out I alsom, just recently completed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3PvOmSlKIE