Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Ebay Flywheels?

Old 03-05-2008, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

gripforce is a bad seller. I sent them several emails and never got a response. they're just a scam. You can't possibly buy their product, install it, find out that it sucks, dissemble, and report it on paypal before their month requirement. From the looks of it the xtd and the gripforce are the same flywheel.

Personally I'll never trust one of those crappy flywheels in a car of mine again. It nearly destroyed my nice act clutch and cost me lots of time and money. I really really wish I'd bought the fidanza now. At least it has a company backing it up. With the lost cash on swaping back to the stock after going with the chromoly I could have purchased the fidanza. I even did all the work myself and I know that it was the flywheel, everything was done to spec just like everytime I've swapped a clutch out.

Look at optimo's pics and look at the ones I posted a while ago... It's not coincidence. If this was something easy to replace it wouldn't be a big deal but if this fails it can be damaging (like it was for me and optimo). But to add insult their customer service is non-existent.

Don't buy it. These other guys are just lucky.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

i want to go fidanza or act flywheel but don't really want to spend the money. i'll probably just get a stock one maybe but a lot of people are givving xtd a good word so i might try that. as for clutch i'm not sure yet of which to go, must likely mix-n-match.