Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

E-cars!

Old 03-29-2008 | 11:34 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger

You know what we should have? an "e-Garage" where you can go in and build an "e-car" and "customize" it with color, accesories, and where you can "buy" parts/accesories/etc for your car with rdbucks!

I know its unlikely this will happen but its a cool idea lol...

lmao.gif
Old 03-29-2008 | 11:45 PM

lmao.gif i was telling her about e-cars on Gaia and it's alot of fun, on that site you get a car for free (on there it's mostly scions you can pick whichever one you want) and then with your gaiagold, you can buy parts such as rims, body color, decals, even fins, or wings, or spoilers, even horns!!! and tons of other cool stuff.

then i was tellin her it'd be a COOL idea if RDT here does that too,

you know we could like have either rd1 or rd2 to choose from, pick basic color. after that if we want whole color to be different we have to go to RDT Shop to buy paint. and have decals choices, body extension, rims, underglow, etc etc!!!!
Old 03-30-2008 | 02:50 AM

^^^ lol! exactly what i was saying. It could be fun...
Old 03-31-2008 | 08:50 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

This is one of the things Im developing over on Hyundai Aftermarket.org. Once I get the custom user profiles finished up (think of myspace or facebook, except on a hyundai forum)...I'll be doing the Virtual Car add on with all Hyundai's that people can mod out. smile.gif
Old 03-31-2008 | 10:08 AM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Awesome idea. Are you just going to do bolt-on modifications like headers, CAI, Body kit, or are you going to add custom things like LED conversions, roll cages, and all of that? Price totals? Selections? Pictures? Sounds like it could be a huge project mang.
Old 03-31-2008 | 10:29 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Im planning on going over board with it and having a full list of modifications (inside and out) as well as a Dyno so people can see their power and a "Pimp Meter" for the cosmetics. Its really not as hard as you think. The only hard part is getting clear pics of the cars and all the mods to add to the animations/interfaces. Im looking to re-do the whole main site again, so currently Im in search of a good web designer to take that project off my hands, so I can get some of these other cool features finished up on the forum. smile.gif Im getting REALLY good at programming .php now. So I plan on building alot of sweet stuff that no one has seen before on forums.

Oh, and I dont think Im going to do points or pricing like a regular forum store (like whats here on RDT). I think I'll build it based off of posts (more posts you have, the more you can mod out the car), as well as being able to sell parts to other members to buy other mods, and I'll have a race feature built in where you can race for pink slips or money. It'll probably take me a couple of months to finish the whole thing up, but definitely by early summer...I should have it ready to go. smile.gif
Old 03-31-2008 | 06:00 PM

lmao.gif
Old 03-31-2008 | 11:55 PM

well Admin/Mods, i'd like to know what you guys think laugh.gif wink1.gif it'll be alot fun, and make this site even more fun to be around than ever!! woot
Old 04-01-2008 | 10:10 PM

Woo-Hoo!!!!!!1
Old 04-02-2008 | 05:50 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

You do know that it takes alot more than a concept to get something like that going right? When you mentioned it I started looking through the mods seeing if something was available. I could not find anything of the sort. If you show me where it is I will install it.