Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Dyno run videos

Old 03-30-2008 | 03:42 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Meh, I dunno that it's worth it to swap in a Beta II. If I did I would build it up and boost it. If I swap and plan on keeping it N/A I'll probably get the 175hp Theta II from the 2009 Sonata and run a full standalone.
Old 03-30-2008 | 11:23 AM

Vehicle: SRT4/Neon SOHC

Has that swap been pulled off at any point?
Old 03-30-2008 | 12:32 PM
Administrator

Not that I know of. The Theta is a pretty short motor but all the mounts will need to be fabricated (doesn't bother me) and I'm unsure about the dimensions of the Sonata's transmission. I may have to notch the driver's side frame rail structure if it's too long but I'm not really intimidated by that either I would just prefer to avoid it for simplicity. Aside from that I'll either have to run a standalone which can control CVVT (expensive) or just use a Megasquirt and freeze the CVVT in a set position.

I know it wouldn't be easy I just want to do something different now that there are engines coming up that would make the Accent a truly fast car. I've even considered trying to mate the Genesis Coupe's 2.0t Theta II to the Sonata's transmission. That would be fun too.

Oh, and I fixed the video of my run to the one I meant to upload so it has the mods and the graph at the end in my first post.
Old 03-31-2008 | 09:35 PM

Vehicle: Elantra XD GT

Hmmm trying to put the theta in would be interesting.

Considering they're not really out on the road yet means it's a bit too early to think about it, lol.
Old 03-31-2008 | 10:34 PM
Administrator

I could get the Theta I out of a current Sonata and install it...then upgrade at a later date if I wanted to but I don't want to spend that kind of money twice. Even though there are quite a few available the Theta engines are going for pretty high prices around here.