Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Dun Dun Dun....

Old 05-26-2009, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger

hhheeelllllooooooooooooo!!!

ahh...its been waaaaay to long since i been on here! Guess i should update a bit eh?

Well, married life is good. We are both happy and healthy...Going great actually!

Im getting out of the army finally. I was up at Walter Reed AMC for a month, and they decided from there to medboard me, so now im back at sucky ft j to wait out my paperwork discharging me...

Good thing about that is if all goes as planned, and IF (big if) the army follows its own regulations, ill be getting a minimal of 50% disability, and if not then ill get severance pay which will equal to a little over $10k.

Once im out, donald and i are moving to denver. Since the new GI bill will pay me BAH, ill have my housing paid and still have plenty left do work on other stuff...woot!

After that not sure where we are moving because my school i only have 2 yrs to finish up.

Got rid of my camry, and tried trading it in for a newish tib, but the dealer was weird and wouldnt do it so now i have an 07 blue dodge charger fing02.gif yay!

Other than that nota lot going on here.

I have to apologize for being gone so long, with everything going on here i havent gotten around to getting internet installed at our new apartment, BUUUT someone didnt password protect there wifi signal, soooo for now im back!! YAY!

Old 05-26-2009, 10:10 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

welcome back...

congrats on being married, sorry to hear about the med board, i hope you get better!!!

i love the new GI bill policy, it helps out so much...could you imagine working full time and going to school, and not having to worry about paying rent
Old 05-26-2009, 10:13 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

welcome back, take your money and buy a tib!
Old 05-26-2009, 10:24 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

what an update!!! welcome back and i'm really happy for you that the real life has finally begun. a few of my friends moved to Colorado. they say it's really beautiful and they love it so much. i know you will too.

i have a question. i have a friend who was in ft. benning, GA for basic training. he was about 1 year and 3 months into it when a heavy dude rolled over his ankle snapping it. my friend got honorable discharge, can he get some kind of compensation for it? disability? is there anyway the ARMY can provide him with a job because he doesn't know where to look for work?
Old 05-27-2009, 08:25 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger

^^^

If he was in for over 180 days then he would have had to have gotten a med board if it was due to an army-related injury.

Did he injure it due to training or something like that?

Either way, since he was honrably discharged, he should have at minimal recieved severance pay, and SHOULD** be able to recieve the new GI Bill since it was a medical dc.

At the very minimum he should qualify for VA healthcare benefits related to the injury.....

sorry it isnt more helpful! smile.gif
Old 05-27-2009, 05:02 PM

Waz up Check this thread out at hyundai aftermarket

https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/in...hp?showforum=16

Congratulations on gettting married.