Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Dumbass!

Old 02-18-2003, 04:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the little decal on the back that says "GOT 22'S?" should now read "GOT INSURANCE?" lol
Old 02-18-2003, 04:47 AM

dude flipping the damn thing back onto it's wheels was probabaly an adventure in itself. suicide
Old 02-18-2003, 09:41 PM

rubenz2K1:
dude flipping the damn thing back onto it's wheels was probabaly an adventure in itself. suicide
Oy. "How to we tip over a 5 ton lump of sheetmetal that's sitting on an oil-slicked pad of cement without ripping out the entire chassis when it hits the ground, or just sliding it around like a stick of butter on a griddle?"

I know, they can use the mechanic that dropped it as "padding" when it falls over lol
Old 02-18-2003, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I'm willing to bet they used some kind of pulley system or a tow hook to pull it back up on it's wheels.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:04 AM

Yeah, there's no way the lift itself gave out, if it had, the truck wouold be on all fours. I've seen a lift give out with a pickup on it before. It bounced about 4 feet and bent the frame. I also saw the aftermath of a lift that slowly gave out overnight while it had a tranny stand underneath it. The car on the lift was upside down on the car next to it.
Old 02-19-2003, 10:51 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Pony

OH ****!! THAT would have SUCKED!!!!!!!

Don't they have mechanical interlocks that have to be pressed in to lower it? I remember in shop class you lowered the car until it clicked in mechanically... Must have been a rigged hoist where the owner didn't care about saftety. LOL!

I remember a POS submerged, stripped, and beat on ;87 cutlass ciera was hoisted over a 57 bel air at school.... someone cut the brake lines on the cutlass to take out the brake master... oops! The next day the hood of the 57 bel air had paint lifts everywhere. IT is from that example that I have learned and applied the destructive force of DOT 3 fluid on a hot summer day on my V.P's Corollla last day of school... wiggle_m