Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Dream Car

Old 03-31-2007 | 07:21 PM

That has always been my DREAM car...after graduating from college I'm gonna be buying one..jaja lmao.gif
Old 03-31-2007 | 07:22 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (BlizagaXx @ Mar 31 2007, 10:34 PM)
.....And your tib goes faster, has more hp or torque, or can even keep up with an n/a one? That car should be respected... It's so godly because the engine is amazing and the car itself is amazing.

You're still on crack. I"m not going to waste over $80,000 on that car. That car is just plain Japanese propaganda.
Old 04-01-2007 | 05:57 AM

Let me put my feelings towards it this way.

For what I paid for my BMW.. a lowly 318ti, I could have gotten the same year M3.

I didn't want an M3. Yes they are nice cars, they handle very well, go more than very well, and are the golden grail of the BMW world (besides the M1) but I didn't want one. I preferred the slower, slightly worse handling, and looked down upon hatchback.. why? It is more fun. If you can find a REAL enthusiast of BMW (not one with his head shoved up his arse) they will admit that the Ti is the lightest and most fun car in the E36 line.. and that with the simple addition of a 3 grand supercharger, can show it's truncated rear to even the M3 when it gets time to get going.

I like underdogs, that is why I own a Fiat, Owned a Hyundai, and now own the "cheap" BMW. If I wanted a car that could do everything perfectly I would consider an M3, Porsche 911 Turbo S, or a Skyline GTR. I don't though, to have fun in any of those cars requires you to be WAY above the speed limit where you not only risk your license, but your life and the lives of those around you. No thanks.

I hope I made my feelings clear on the matter.
Old 04-02-2007 | 08:42 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

i think that those who dont have things or arent used to having things make statements that are bias and uneducated. they say things that clearly arent true or logical. i believe this is called the mentality of a hater.

now haters will allways say this isnt true and then they try to make some irrellevent point so they dont look like a hater, BUT dont be fooled this is just the voices of those who dont have things or arent used to having things. i'm not singling any members out but just notice which peoples comments fall into this catagory. wink1.gif
Old 04-02-2007 | 08:48 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

just order one! http://www.jdmquebec.com/liste/
Old 04-02-2007 | 09:10 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundia Tiburon

Really I don't see why you would want something with that much power out of the box, kind of takes all the fun out of owning a car. If you just start out with 500+ hp, sure you can still go bigger and the cost of an arm, leg, testicle, and first born. Where as you take some other low end car and build it up you get more out of it, and still, most of the time, don't have to sell body parts/ family.
Old 04-03-2007 | 06:16 AM

QUOTE (optimoprime @ Apr 2 2007, 10:42 PM)
i think that those who dont have things or arent used to having things make statements that are bias and uneducated. they say things that clearly arent true or logical. i believe this is called the mentality of a hater.

now haters will allways say this isnt true and then they try to make some irrellevent point so they dont look like a hater, BUT dont be fooled this is just the voices of those who dont have things or arent used to having things. i'm not singling any members out but just notice which peoples comments fall into this catagory. wink1.gif

If you are calling me a Hater, you are sadly mistaken. I simply stated my reasons for liking smaller, slower, and cars that are considered a LOT more fun. Is the Nissan hell on wheels? A resounding yes. To quote starwars, it is a "Technological Terror" that can quite possibly tell physics to get lost when it comes time to stop, go, and turn.

However, while I can appreciate the Hp, technology in it's suspension and drivetrain, I even kind of like it's boxy, Purposeful looks, I still do not care for the modern skylines. Simply put, I find them TOO good to be fun. This is a car that my mother could use to run rings around my bmw... and that is where I have a problem with it.

To me a performance car never forgets that it is being driven. That through driver input, chassis feedback, engine note, and overall attitude, the car and driver can become one as they devour mile after mile after mile of pavement.

Maybe I am getting old, but the only thing I care for in a car is ABS.. and there have been a few times I have wished for an off button for that too.
Old 04-03-2007 | 01:03 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (optimoprime @ Apr 3 2007, 02:42 AM)

I've ridden in a 1996 modified Skyline. they're selling it for $30,000. uhh.. no thanks, I'd rather get a used Corvette.
Old 04-03-2007 | 02:32 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ Apr 3 2007, 08:16 AM)
If you are calling me a Hater, you are sadly mistaken. I simply stated my reasons for liking smaller, slower, and cars that are considered a LOT more fun. Is the Nissan hell on wheels? A resounding yes. To quote starwars, it is a "Technological Terror" that can quite possibly tell physics to get lost when it comes time to stop, go, and turn.

However, while I can appreciate the Hp, technology in it's suspension and drivetrain, I even kind of like it's boxy, Purposeful looks, I still do not care for the modern skylines. Simply put, I find them TOO good to be fun. This is a car that my mother could use to run rings around my bmw... and that is where I have a problem with it.

To me a performance car never forgets that it is being driven. That through driver input, chassis feedback, engine note, and overall attitude, the car and driver can become one as they devour mile after mile after mile of pavement.

Maybe I am getting old, but the only thing I care for in a car is ABS.. and there have been a few times I have wished for an off button for that too.

no im not calling any members here anything like i said just notice who would do exactaly what i described. im not in the buisness of speculations i dont work for the FBI or nothing like that so i try to keep it to the facts.

skylines are purpose build machines that supply all of the tools you can use to become one with with it. so to me i dont agree with you saying that it wouldnt feel like its being drivin or that it wouldnt have the feedback and attitude. alot of these tools also on that note can be turned off even from stock.

technology is great and its incorporation with proven machines only help to make their use easier and more effecient. alot of people dont like power steering but in all reality the effort and if nothing else the peice of mind you use to turn the wheel that bit more can be use else where and would just help to ease one more item in the things you do and think about while driving. so to me when you say the only thing u care for is ABS is just not something i can relate to.

QUOTE (korean_redneck @ Apr 3 2007, 03:03 PM)
I've ridden in a 1996 modified Skyline. they're selling it for $30,000. uhh.. no thanks, I'd rather get a used Corvette.

what so the corvette can break on you because its american and its going to break because thats what american cars do?

and on that note i bet the skyline would eat the vette depending on year/condition