Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.
View Poll Results: is having a/c in your car a requirement
yes
60.00%
no
40.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Do You Need A/c And Sunroof In Your Car

Old 04-17-2006, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have no cruise.

i prefer open windows when its not above 95

i dont have a sunroof but id like one.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:25 PM

I don't have a sunroof but I always wanted one, it's not like I am going to reject a nice performing car because it does not have one, BUT, if buying a new car or choosing between two identical cars, I'd pay the extra for it.
A/C is a must, right here humidity is a killer, 90~98 % on summer, it makes 75°F feel like 95°F, when you have to get into a suit every day and drive to the office every day, A/C is a definite MUST, otherwise it would seem like you went to the office on a bicycle lmao.gif

I don't like CC a lot, I don't have it and I am happy without it.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:29 PM

the only times I use air is when I am dressed up or I have a lady in the car.. otherwise, the windows are down when it is hot out.

I wish I had a sunroof.. but my tib was the ONLY manual they had on the lot.. out of over 15 cars

Cruise Control.. I use it a LOT! Not just on the highway, but anywhere when I am just cruising down the road and do not want to worry about going too fast or too slow. Just one less thing to worry about when driving.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:33 PM

AC is a necessity in the Summer. Especially when it's so humid outside that everything feels sticky. Without it I would get out of the car with the back of my shirt and pants completely soaked in sweat. That's no fun.

I never drive with the windows down above 50mph, regardless of the temp.

My cruise is still not working, and I miss it. Especially after a four hour drive on the interstate. That makes my entire right leg sore.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:46 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

i use my a/c all year round and have my sunroof open pretty much all year round (i live in canada)

open the sun roof, put the heater on 1 or 2 and you got perfect climate control smile.gif
Old 04-17-2006, 07:50 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

d knows how i voted

no for all

all that crap just means somethin else that can break
Old 04-17-2006, 09:08 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Sonata Turbo

Cruise is a must .... i had an accent gt 96 since last 5-6years and when i was traveling i hated always needing to have my foot there.... for trip cruise Rule !

the sunroof i love it for look and climate control it's my A/C replacement i really wanted the Sun Roof that's why i bought a Tib "SE"

i don't really like the A/C i find the only use for it is when there is alot of condansation on the windos it dry alot faster

btw is there anyway to not have the A/C come on when you put on the full defrost ? sad.gif
Old 04-17-2006, 09:12 PM

Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

No cruise...

No Sunroof/Moonroof....

A/c is a must.. when it keep hella foggy in the car.. my normal fan cannot take care of it.. sometimes the fan makes it even more foggy.. wtf... so anyways.. A/C is a must ! ! !
Old 04-17-2006, 09:53 PM

QUOTE (MaveRick @ Apr 17 2006, 10:08 PM)
btw is there anyway to not have the A/C come on when you put on the full defrost ? sad.gif

It would be easy to wire a switch to manually cut power to the compressor.

I've never looked at the back of the climate controls for it, but I bet it's simply circuit that's closed when you turn to defrost. It's probably a matter of cutting a wire which would then allow for manual control. That would be ideal.

I can no longer find it, but on ebay I once say some kits that will cut power to the compressor based on engine load. When I have the AC blasting and need power, I often find myself reaching over to cut off the AC while accelerating. I wish I could find that again.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:53 PM

Vehicle: 1992 Honda Accord EX

I live in South Carolina. Three miles from the coast. A/C......a must. It was 85 today, the heat index was around 95. Sunroof....a must. My 92 Excel had one but no A/C. Cruisin' with all 5 windows open was awesome. Traffic sucked. Cruise, I need my cruise. It keeps me out of trouble.

OT: How would one install CC? Also, would anyone know of anyone selling a stock cooling fan? Mine's shot. The condenser fan is coolin the car off....LOL owned.gif