Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Do You As A Consumer Shop At Walmart?

Old 07-21-2008 | 12:08 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I have actually seen that doctor in there alot, I see him across the street at Kroger too.

Just thought I would point out also that he drives his daughters VW Beetle around, how gay is that?
Old 07-21-2008 | 05:33 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

QUOTE (TibFreak @ Jul 20 2008, 02:29 AM)
although you do see all kinds of trash in there, especially around the first of the month when they recieve their checks.

Sad but true, and it just makes the welfare checks go further cuz of the very low prices.
Old 07-21-2008 | 07:20 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Target > Walmart

I go to Target for alot of things. Wont step one foot in Walmart or K-mart mainly because the ones around here are kind of ghetto and really nasty. tongue.gif I guess if they cleaned them up some, I would probably go to Walmart for movies or something, but otherwise....Target destroys Walmart on so many levels.

BTW...not sure how many people have a Sam's Club near them (its a Wholesale place, like BJ's), but Walmart owns Sams Club. So would any of you still shop there (if theres one by you)?
Old 07-22-2008 | 01:12 PM

I refuse to shop at walmart. It is not because of the cheap shit they sell, but because of their business practices. I have been preaching this for years, but people are only now starting to catch on how evil walmart can be.

When you sign a contract to sell stuff to the walmart corporation.. you allow walmart to "red pencil" your books. In other words, they can (and will) come in and look through your books to see where they feel you can streamline and make your business more efficent. Don't like it, they do not need to buy your stuff. They also lowball their suppliers year after year. Asking for more and more quantity for the same price. Eventually the supplier winds up just selling to walmart and once they are no longer happy with your product.. you just kissed your business goodbye.

Yes, most of their stuff is made in china.. over there they consistantly pay UNDER china's minimum wage. Amazing what greasing some palms can do over there.

And as something closer to home. I used to live next to a girl who was in the upper management of a walmart. She was there from day one of the store opening and was making decent money. Just bought a house, life was good for her. They brought a new girl in and asked my neighbor to train her. Said she was going to be doing the same job at a new store they were opening up.

After training, they found a way to fire my neighbor and put the new girl in her position.. making HALF the salary.

Walmart has also taken it upon itself to be the censor for this nation. Take a picture of something they feel is inappropriate? They won't develope it. Want to buy a CD that might have a song with questionable lyrics? The version walmart sells won't have that song in it.

http://www.jibjab.com/originals/big_box_mart
Old 07-22-2008 | 02:49 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

well because i live so close to walmart. i do unfortunately shop there. but every time i do i dispise it and i ask myself why im there. i wont go there if i can go somewhere else for the same thing that isnt too far outta my way. but the only competition walmart has around me is the bigger grocery stores such as Safeway, Sobeys, superstore, and save-on-foods.... i dont go to walmart for anything other than movies and groceries... anything for car toys i will go to part source or online.
Old 07-22-2008 | 09:03 PM

I actually work at wal-mart and will field any questions you have, hah.
Old 07-22-2008 | 10:02 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

f_ck Sears

HAHA.

mad-machine is right. but why would you go elsewhere if it'll cost twice as much? it's a business tactic to dominate. they probably do some junky business but china or american politics 'aint my problem. there are too many people supporting it for a small group of people to change it. bottom line is it'll be here now, and it will be here & stronger in 10 years.