Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Do You As A Consumer Shop At Walmart?

Old 07-19-2008, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Basically anything you need Wal-Mart has it cheaper. And where Im at it is as close as a Target, Kohls, etc. I dont by clothes there. I dont buy food there. I do buy CDs and car stuff and deodorant and that type of stuff there.

The things they do are bad but they will never change. Its how they got so big and how they continue to grow. Seems like every older Wal-Mart I see anymore is getting rebuilt to be a super Wal-Mart or whatever.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

when i started this thread I basically knew that everyone shops there in one way or another. there are I guess once i think about it are some things i get there but they are very few and far between. I agree with what Java said about getting cheap stuff you know are going to get abused (like water shoes) no way in hell would i buy nike just to get all crappy looking.

what you said ericy about older walmarts getting turned into super walmarts is the exact opposite here in totoland. they leave the older, smaller walmarts and builg bigger new ones. thus this leaves buildings that are anywheres from 30k to 50k in sq. footage sitting for months on end cause no one can afford to rent them cause of the high rent price.

for me, staying out of the one here in manhattan kansas has helped me in a stress wise factor. there for awhile, it felt like every time i went to town we had to go there. famnit, its not like a mall or some special place you want to go to, its just a big azz store with everything in it. true, it makes your life easier when you can get everything in one spot, i just hate to see places that have been businesses for 30 years or more go out of biz cause one of these commercial zealots has moved into the community. most of the time they get huge tax breaks and the county pays to have roads built to the new walmart, wtf?

the other funny thing about the one in manhattan is the fact that the store crosses riley and pottowattomie county lines. manhattan police doesnt deal with anything that has to deal with the place. so, if you get in a fender bender in the parking lot, riley county is involved. if there is a theft in the building and the thief is caught, pott county sheriff is called, screwed up eh?
Old 07-19-2008, 09:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Sorry. I didnt mean rebuilt either. The one here just moved across town and left the old building. JCPenny is in it now but Im sure they wont even last. Another one where I vacationed to this week had a new one built right behind it.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:38 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I shop at the Wal-Mart, but then again I am married, and have no say-so on not going there.

I agree w/ all the Bull-poopy thats you guys are talking about somewhat, where Wal-Mart is basically in one word described the "Devil"

All in all, I ain't paying twice as much for the stuff that I buy elsewhere, and have to go to a dozen places to do it, when I can go to one place to get it all.

Especially 24/7.......Me and my wife went there after our boys went to bed one night, at 2-3 in the morning, extremely less painful then fighting the Friday and Saturday night crowds.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I hate walmart, just being in the building puts me in a bad mood, and if your weren't frustrated when trying to find what you were looking for then the check out lines surely will. I'd rather spend the extra few bucks on my grocery visit and go to the grocery store I could walk to if I felt like it rather than drive 15 minutes to walmart. In the time I spend walking into walmart I could have walked to the grocery store down the street. The time I usually wait in line at the check out is the typical time it takes me to make at entire shopping trip to the local grocery store, yes I'm 100% serious, 20 minutes.

Thats really my main problem with them, sure it's great they have everything, in many cases they are the only ones in town selling something. Only because they ran everyone else out of business. Not because they do a better job (like someone said) but because they are gigantic and can sell a product for zero profit till they shutdown the small guys then jack the price back up again.

The real reason walmart is bad is because in many area's they have a monopoly. Understanding this is most people's hangup. Only the places you shop at are going to stay in business, when people buy everything at walmart everything else is going to close up.

One last thing, no offense to anyone who shops there, but from what I've seen there is direct correlation between the number of times you go to walmart a year and below average intelligence. Seriously, look around the next time your in there. This theory also applies to nascar enjoyment. BTW, nascar apparel is readily available at your local walmart. fing02.gif

Just for the record I've never seen an anti walmart movie, the above statements are just what I've found to be true.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:29 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

One last thing, no offense to anyone who shops there, but from what I've seen there is direct correlation between the number of times you go to walmart a year and below average intelligence. Seriously, look around the next time your in there.

Not entirely true, I have seen a guy dressed in mudder boots up to his knees(muddy of course). With pants w/ mud on them, holes in them, something that was probablly handed down to him from his great-uncle grandpa. A flannel shirt w/ more holes then there is material, and the big huge jeffery dahmer style sunglasses, only thick as coca-cola bottles. Did I fail to mention the big ass gorilla hands, that makes it look like he is inbred. Oh, and his belly was hanging way, way out.

Got a little carried away there, but that was a true description of the hillbilly I seen, and I have also seen doctors in there shopping, the doctor who birthed both my little boys.

So that ain't necessarily true, although you do see all kinds of trash in there, especially around the first of the month when they recieve their checks.

Just thought I would throw in more of my $0.02

Have a nice day fing02.gif
Old 07-20-2008, 06:46 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^ask that doctor how often he goes there...

Anyways what I was mainly pointing out was the first case. Do you see those people shopping anywhere else?
Old 07-20-2008, 01:01 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Yes, the dollar store. Which is convienently located next to Walmart..
Old 07-20-2008, 01:48 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Anybody who knows me knows i hate walmart, i worked for them for 2 years and it was absolute hell. I could write a book with everything that i experianced that is wrong with that place as a consumer, an employee, and a community member but i dont have the energy.

After i left i avoided them like the plague for about a year before my bitterness wore off somewhat, now i only go in there if i really dont know where else to find it or just dont have the time to find it at a local/different place.

f_ck walmart
Old 07-20-2008, 06:36 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

f_ck Sears