Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Disturbing News....

Old 02-27-2009 | 10:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

When I first saw this on the other board I was really disappointed for pretty much the same reasons that HKC just gave. But at the end of the day Hyundai is a business and they want to grow so if changing the logo is what they feel would change the whole perception of their cars (which I doubt it will because it's mainly the name Hyundai, not the logo that sparks the negative stereotypes), so be it. I'll still be disappointed, however at least I own a car with today's logo on it..... proudly might I add.
Old 02-27-2009 | 11:28 PM

I like Hyundai's logo, dont think it should change....

Id have to change my avitar if it did....
Old 02-28-2009 | 09:50 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

if it's for a "big change" why not do like honda, toyota and nissan and start a "prestige" brand
aka acura,lexus, infinity...

for the reliability stuff..
remember datsun..... i wonder why they din't keep that name....
Old 02-28-2009 | 10:16 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i think hyundai were thinking of doing that, but it costs millions of dollars and endless effort to create a new brand, restructuring... not a good thing to do in this economy, or in their worker strike in korea. all of the economic data charts show India is the place to invest in with the fastest growing economy and they have been doing just that since 2001. apart from that, they should be different than the rest of the bland cars. they have a super egotistical "we are better and cheaper than everything available and we're out to prove it" attitude with a dose of sport and economy. it doesn't fit in with the other manufacturer brand image. plus they already have kia so in sense they already are the bigger brother.

yeah datsun is a big mystery to me. we had one before the first excel. it was a beautiful car that lasted years.

Old 03-08-2009 | 10:49 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon

I was reading in the paper a while back about using the 'Tuscani' name, as an additional brand in which they would market their new luxary vehicles. (Genesis). Except, now that the Genesis is out, and it's still labelled as a Hyundai, I'm guessing that that plan is either completely gone, or just pushed back.

Since Hyundai still has a bad reputation engrained in most people's heads, I really like their new marketing campaign geared towards adding some credibility to the brand. (Superbowl ads: Hyundai... like Sunday) And the creation of the Genesis Sedan and Coupe will do nothing but add a little class to them.
Old 03-09-2009 | 02:12 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^those ads have been levelheaded like that since day 1. that's what i love about them the most and that's why people hate them. they've always been out there to prove they're better, cheaper and smarter. they're still doing it unlike other manufacturers today. it's smart and funny and i totally would never want that to change.

Old 03-09-2009 | 03:25 AM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

lol. back in 1980 100,000 miles was when you junked a car, or at least needed a new engine. Great pics HKC.