Off Topic Cafe If it doesn't belong in any of the other forums. Post all Off Topic stuff here.

Disturbing News....

Old 02-27-2009 | 09:35 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Found this on another board. I really hope they don't change the logo even though it's looking like inevitable change.
I am a member of a hyundai sponsored consumer group, "think tank".
I'm sure several of you are too, but it's nice to have some input and think that maybe corp is honestly looking for things to improve based on what the customer wants.

the latest email I got from them includes the following :

Hello rick,

Genesis Coupe/Tiburon Owners: General Discussion We've launched a new Discussion board for Genesis Coupe and Tiburon owners as a place to talk about Hyundai's sporty vehicles.

Genesis Coupe Session On Monday, March 9th, at 5 pm PT/8 pm ET, we'll be hosting a Q&A Session with Derek Joyce, Product Manager for the Hyundai Genesis Coupe. Visit the Sessions page for more information.

Hyundai Logo Poll Do you like the current Hyundai logo or think we need a new one?

Thanks for being a part of the Think Tank community!

So this is it! I think they're finally starting to realize that the old crooked H looks crappy as a logo.

I wonder what the new one will look like. (you know how this poll is gonna end)

OP was King Nothing on Floridatibs.com
Old 02-27-2009 | 09:41 AM

i think that the original logo should be kept. i do not think that changing the logo would be a good idea.
Old 02-27-2009 | 09:59 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I Will notbuy hyundais anymore if they change the logo. Period. Its the best logo in the world.
Old 02-27-2009 | 10:01 AM
Banned

i dont think it would be a bad idea, but i think the logo they have currently is pretty good.. its simple.. clean.. effective IMO
Old 02-27-2009 | 12:17 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Tuscani Tiburon

I love our logo. I say keep it but it would be interesting to see what other logo ideas they come up with.
Old 02-27-2009 | 06:21 PM
DTN

I think it would mess up alot of things, but I also think it's too close to Honda. Maybe if they wrote out the name Hyundai and kept the crooked H?
Old 02-27-2009 | 07:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Bah, who cares, it's only a logo. Now if they screw it up like the Air Farce did when they changed theirs...

LOL

Hope it's good.
Old 02-27-2009 | 07:44 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I think Hyundai has been stereotyped, and it's been hard to shake it's bad history. I'm not sure that changing the logo with affect the way people think about the brand.

However, a logo change could help people see a change in Hyundai's approach to building cars. The Tiburon and Genesis have brought new life to the brand and it appears that Hyundai is taking a new direction. A logo change could help bring the new image of Hyundai into par with those of Infiniti, BMW, and Lexus for the price of Honda, Mazda, and Chevy.

I think a logo change could've been pulled off perfectly with the introduction of the Genesis. I see many pros and cons associated with the logo change, but ultimately it might be a good idea.

While shopping for my current SUV, the Nissan dealer sort of laughed wen I told him the Veracruz was my other choice. When he attempted to bash the Hyundai brand and quality, I was able to quickly challenge him and prove I knew more about my Hyundai than he knew about his Nissans. It's that sort of stuff that a logo / brand image change could b beneficial to Hyundai.
Old 02-27-2009 | 08:09 PM
DTN

I agree. People tend to think of Hyundai as an off brand Honda. The logos look too alike and people can't see hyundai and understand how to pronounce it correctly. How many times have we all heard Honday?
Old 02-27-2009 | 10:07 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Bah, who cares, it's only a logo. Now if they screw it up like the Air Farce did when they changed theirs...

thought i was the only one who thought that!

i see how you guys think it's a good idea with the benefits and convincing new people, but what about the old faithful people? i don't know the % but some big big % of hyundai owners are return customers. toyota was in the same position 15 years ago as Hyundai and they have a similar logo.

everyone says hyundai was crap in the 90's. well look at the Camry's and Accords from back then and tell me they're not sh-tty compared to today. my best friend has an Accord that we work on sometimes and hell, the build on all of the door panels is all the same as if Hyundai copied it. 3 screws, a moisture sheet stuck together with black clay, a door actuator... everything is the same. We think our body panels are cheap, the body panels on our Elantra are even made of the same things as his 1996 Accord. the 1997 Civic is as sh-tty as my 1997 Tiburon FX, my tiburon just was a better deal with more options. Compare a Civic today to a 1997. You can't.

Changing the logo [for me at least] would be nightmare. So they're trying to attract new buyers and get new people, but I'm mad because where am I as a supporter for 22 years? Who cares about anyone else, the biased one-sided people who might rely on a logo change don't understand enough about cars and life to be driving one. I don't think Chung Ju-Yung would be happy with it.